Saturday, January 31, 2009

Matouk's Soca Hot Sauce

Matouk's Soca Hot Sauce is our newest addition to the ever-popular Matouk's Hot Sauce product line from Trinidad & Tobago in the West Indies. Not quite as hot as the incendiary Matouk's Flambeau sauce but hotter than the other 3 flavors of Matouk's, Matouk's Soca Hot Sauce features a thick mustard base, plenty of fiery-hot aged, pickled scotch bonnet peppers, a dash of cane sugar, and a special blend of West Indian herbs for authentic island flair. The rich flavors and thick texture make this hot sauce ideal for use as a fiery condiment on all sorts of sandwiches, burgers, and even hot dogs and sausages. In fact, Matouk's Soca Hot Sauce complements all sorts of hearty fare like grilled foods, pork chops, and even beer-battered fried shrimp. This is the hardest-to-find variety of Matouk's, so if you haven't tried it yet but enjoy their other sauces then I strongly recommend you give the Soca Hot Sauce a try. Likewise, if you're a fan of full-bodied, fiery-hot, mustard-based Caribbean hot sauces, then I'm sure you'll enjoy Matouk's Soca. Get it today at the Carolina Sauce Company!

Zestfully yours,
Gloria

PS: Matouk's also makes a Jerk Seasoning, which I haven't yet had a chance to try. If you've tasted Matouk's Jerk Seasoning, please tell us what you think and whether you'd like us to stock it - simply leave a comment here, or email us at "salesATcarolinasauceDOTcom". If there's enough positive feedback and demand for the Matouk's Jerk Seasoning, I'll look into adding it to the Carolina Sauce Company online store.


4 comments:

  1. Matouks Jerk Sauce is nice. There is a hot and a mild version. I don't like things too spicy so I go for the mild which has a very slight heat and loads of jerk flavour. Prefer it to Walkerswood for folks who want to enjoy authentic jerk flavour but not so much heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. Sadly, after trying to get Matouk's Jerk Sauce in stock for a LONG time, I was told today by our supplier/importer that Matouk's has discontinued their Jerk Sauce and won't be making any more. BUT, I can recommend a delicious mild Jamaican Jerk that's an authentic recipe, made by a Jamaican ex-pat here in NC: Pluto's Certified Organic Mild Jamaican Jerk Sauce. I need to warn you, however, that it's addictively good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Discontinued Matouks jerk? I don't know about that. It's still on the shelves here in Trinidad. Who is your supplier. Hmmm let me call the company and confirm-I'll get back to you. Thanks for the recommendation, unfortunately or fortunately I am in the Caribbean where there is a wide variety of ready made jerk blends available to me. I only commented so that anyone who has never tried the Matouks brand would feel confident to buy it. Other good West Indian Brands are Walkerswood and Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do let me know if you're able to confirm directly with Matouk's. It's possible that local stores are selling product that they still had in stock before Matouk's discontinued the jerk sauce (if they did so). Pickapeppa is now making their Pickapeppa Jamaican jerk seasoning again, but they changed their recipe and it seems hotter to me. I actually like it better than the old recipe.

    ReplyDelete