Saturday, October 4, 2008

Additional Boar & Castle Stories

Here are a few more memories from loyal Boar & Castle Sauce fans who miss their favorite condiment, and are longing for its return:

“HELP !!!!!!!!! As a teenager in the 60's, the Boar & Castle in Greensboro was a great place to eat, cruise, see & be seen. The food was great - mostly because of the sauce. For the past 18 years, I've lived in CT. I had my family send me three things- Duke's mayonnaise, Luisianne tea, and Boar & Castle sauce. Last month we were packing to move to Wilmington and I gave my last 4 bottles to my best friend who had fallen in love with the stuff. Little did I know I should have saved it! We got to Wilmington and I couldn't find it, so I called my family in High Point. They couldn't find it either! I found your site and learned the terrible truth - I WANT MY BOAR & CASTLE SAUCE !!!! I'll give up a lot of things, but this is not one of them!! Please keep me posted - hopefully someone will see the demand and produce the best steak, hamburger, fries, or whatever you want to put it on sauce ever made. I've traveled the entire US and never found anything close.” --J.L.

“I grew up in Greensboro & my parents used to take me & my brother to the Boar and Castle when we were growing up in the 70s. I'd been buying B&C sauce for years at local (Chapel Hill) grocers, and was concerned when I stopped seeing it. Please do let me know if it becomes available again. Seeing that it's discontinued makes for a sad day for me.” --T.H.

“While living in Greensboro, NC, our family used to freqent the Boar & Castle Drive-In. We would love to be able to buy their sauce. Please advise when & where it will be available.” --G.C., Georgetown TX

“I was born in 1954 in Greensboro, NC and grew up on Castle Burgers & Fries. I can remember going there with my older sister and enjoying the food, especially the fries dipped in Boar & Castle sauce. When I turned 16 and starting driving - The Boar and Castle was a great place to go and hang out with your friends and meet new friends. Boar and Castle sauce has always been an item in my home - ever since it was put in grocery stores for sale. My husband and I moved to Carolina Beach, NC in 1995 - and have been unable to find it here locally. I use to stock up on it when I visited family in Greensboro. Now I can't find it at all. This is really sad - because it was a sauce you could put on anything - even use it for dip on chips. It would be a shame to let this product disappear." --N.B., Carolina Beach, NC

Don't despair: I've heard more rumors recently that something may be in the works that will make Boar & Castle Sauce fans very happy! If you'd like to be notified if Boar & Castle Sauce becomes available again, or if you have a Boar & Castle story you'd like to share, please email us at sales-AT-carolinasauce-DOT-com (without the dashes), or call us at 919-286-1080. And keep coming back to this blog to read more stories, and to make sure you don't miss any special announcements!

Zestfully yours,
Gloria
Carolina Sauce Company


No comments:

Post a Comment