Carolina Sauce Company for August 2009 -- and there was an impressive debut by a brand-new barbeque sauce, so keep reading!
1. Matouk's West Indian Hot Sauce: This perennial favorite of Caribbean hot sauce aficionados was our best-selling hot sauce and overall top seller. Matouk's West Indian is made with fiery scotch bonnet peppers and sweet tropical papaya for authentic island flavor
2. Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning is the real deal, made in Jamaica and by far our most popular Jamaican jerk seasoning. Full of fiery hot peppers and intensely fragrant spices & herbs, a little goes a long way with this rich jerk paste/wet rub
3. Outta The Park BBQ Sauce is a brand new product at Carolina Sauce, and it's making quite a splash with its rich tomato flavor that's slightly sweet with a zippy-peppery kick. In addition to finishing third overall, Outta The Park BBQ Sauce was also our best-selling barbecue sauce and best-selling NC product last month! It's also currently on sale.
4. Busha Browne's Pukka Sauce hails from Jamaica and is one of our all-time best-selling products. Spicy and flavorful, this all-purpose table sauce is the perfect hot sauce for practically anything that could use some heat
5. Wells Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce is an authentic eastern NC vinegar-based barbecue sauce that's perfect for pulled pork BBQ and is regularly on our best-sellers list
6. George's Original BBQ Sauce is another authentic eastern NC vinegar-based barbeque sauce, but it has a hint of apple & tomato to cut some of the sharp "edge", making it delicious for pulled pork plus BBQ chicken and more
7. Buderim Ginger Bears: This addictive, grown-up gummy candy comes from Australia and is made with real ginger, for healthy snacking
8. Scorned Woman Hot Sauce is a classic vinegar-pepper hot sauce that's great with everything from scrambled eggs to burgers to pizza and more
9. Melinda's Reserve XXXXtra Hot Sauce: Made in small batches using aged habanero peppers, this is a seriously hot hot sauce from Costa Rica that's beloved by serious chileheads everywhere
10. Castle Sauce is a classic North Carolina steak sauce from Greensboro that's been on our best-seller list since its introduction last year, and its rich tomato-mustard tang is great on burgers, fries, sandwiches and more
We'll soon be updating our product-category lists of best-selling sauces & seasonings, and there were some newcomers in many categories last month, so stay tuned for those updates!