Carolina Sauce Company online store for December. So without further ado, here's the list:
1. Castle Sauce, our overall best-selling product since we've been in business, was also the best-selling sauce for December 2009. This tangy & rich mustard-tomato steak & burger sauce from Greensboro NC is a real classic, with generations of fans all around the country.
2. Matouk's West Indian Hot Sauce from Trinidad & Tobago was the second most popular product last month, featuring sweet & spicy tropical flavors with ripe papaya and spicy scotch bonnet peppers in a thick & savory mustard base.
3. Busha Browne's Pukka Sauce finished in third place for December, and this fiery & flavorful Jamaican table sauce is great with just about any savory dish, from breakfast (scrambled eggs, omelets, sausage) to lunch (burgers, sandwiches, wraps) to dinner (pretty much any savory entree or side dish!)
4. Wells Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce from Burgaw NC (just outside of Wilmington) is our all-time best-selling barbecue sauce, and came in 4th last month. This is an authentic eastern NC vinegar-based barbecue sauce that's perfect for Carolina style pulled pork BBQ, as well as for marinating and grilling or broiling chicken and other meats
5. Capsicana Zing Gourmet Sauce is a perky, mildly spicy and subtly sweet all-purpose sauce from Mebane, NC, and a regular on our top 10 best-seller list -- and it comes with free recipes!
6. Scorned Woman Hot Sauce has been around for years, and this food-friendly, fiery vinegar-pepper sauce is quite popular with folks who enjoy hot sauce with most meals
7. Matouk's Calypso Sauce is an authentic Caribbean hot sauce with a sweet & savory mustard base and plenty of aged pickled scotch bonnet peppers for a good burn
8. Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning is regularly on our list of best-selling products, finishing 8th in December 2009, and this traditional Jamaican jerk paste (wet rub) delivers real Jamaican flavor and fire
9. Walkerswood Jonkanoo Pepper Sauce is named after a colorful street festival, and this feisty and tasty Jamaican table sauce is great on everything from meat and chicken to seafood and veggies
10. Bad Byron's Butt Rub rounds out our list of December's top ten best selling zesty products. Made in Texas and excellent as a seasoning for ribs (beef & chicken), Boston butt and other meat cuts, Bad Byron's is flavorful and pleasantly spicy (not fiery).
As time permits (and so long as our internet connection doesn't flake out), I'll update the best-seller lists in each product category with the December 2009 results -- and then in February we'll have the complete totals for all of 2009 posted here as well as on the Carolina Sauce site.