Carolina Sauce Company, not the least of which was the dethronement of our regular #1 best-seller (which fell to #5 last month). Keep reading below to see which products finished on top for March 2010:
1. One of our most popular hot sauces, Matouk's West Indian Hot Sauce, accomplished quite a feat last month when it finished as our top selling product across all types. This is the mildest (on the heat scale) of the Matouk's hot sauces, and features sweet ripe papaya as its main ingredient, to help tone down the heat from the fiery scotch bonnet peppers used in all Matouk's hot sauces.
2. Our overall best selling Jamaican jerk product, Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, finished in 2nd place last month. This aromatic, spicy wet rub or jerk paste is a staple in Jamaican kitchens and is perfect for making authentic Jamaican dishes.
3. Matouk's Calypso Sauce, a thick and rich scotch bonnet sauce from Trinidad & Tobago, was the third most popular product for March, and is a great way to add tropical flavor and fire to virtually any savory dish.
4. George's Original BBQ Sauce is a tangy, vinegar-based barbecue sauce from eastern North Carolina that's ideal for Carolina pulled pork BBQ as well as for marinating -- and it comes with 2 pages of FREE recipes!
5. In a rare drop in position, our all-time best-selling product, Castle Sauce, fell to 5th place for March 2010 -- but don't be surprised if this classic steak & sandwich sauce from Greensboro NC ends up back on top again!
6. Scorned Woman Hot Sauce, a fiery-hot vinegar-based hot sauce that's been around forever, came in a very respectable 6th last month.
7. Jim's Own Homestyle BBQ Sauce is a Piedmont NC style (vinegar & tomatoes) barbeque sauce from Durham that's great with pulled pork as well as ribs, chicken, and more - and it comes with FREE recipes!
8. Another North Carolina original, Capsicana Zing Gourmet Sauce, is a flavorful, subtly-sweet & tastefully tangy all-purpose spice sauce for the table and the kitchen, and it also comes with FREE recipes!
9. Our all-time best-selling barbecue sauce is Wells Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce from Burgaw, NC. This traditional eastern NC sauce is made with vinegar and spices (no tomatoes) and makes a great marinade as well as a condiment for collard greens, fries and hush puppies -- and of course it's essential for making real NC pulled pork BBQ!
10. Completing our list of the top ten best-selling products for March 2010 is Buderim Ginger Bears, an Australian gummy bear candy made with real ginger.
PS: We will soon be updating each category-specific list of Best-Selling Products to reflect the current standings for 2010.