best-selling sauces and seasonings across all product categories for August 2010 at the Carolina Sauce Company online store:
1. Wells Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce moved up from #4 in July to become our top selling barbecue sauce and all-around best seller last month. Wells Hog Heaven is an authentic eastern NC BBQ sauce made with vinegar and spices, and no tomatoes.
2. Matouk's Calypso Hot Sauce from Trinidad & Tobago broke back into the top 10 list in dramatic fashion by finishing in 2nd place for August. Full of fiery scotch bonnet peppers and other authentic West Indian ingredients, Matouk's Calypso is a favorite among chiliheads who enjoy Caribbean hot sauces.
3. Scott's BBQ Sauce is another genuine eastern NC BBQ sauce, and with plenty of red pepper it's hotter than the Wells sauce.
4. Georgia Peach & Vidalia Onion Hot Sauce: This lusciously flavored and mildly spicy hot sauce made it back onto the top ten list, possibly because August was National Peach Month and we were running a special discount coupon for all of our peach products.
5. Dave's Ultimate Insanity Sauce is one of the original ultra-hot hot sauces, and with its healthy dose of capsaicin extract it's best used by the micro-drop, with extreme caution!
6. Matouk's West Indian Hot Sauce is the milder, sweeter sibling of Matouk's Calypso, and adds sweet tropical papaya to the traditional fiery scotch bonnet recipe.
7. Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning is our all-time best-selling Jamaican jerk product, and this intensely aromatic and spicy-hot wet rub is frequently on our monthly list of overall best-sellers at Carolina Sauce.
8. Buderim Ginger Bears are made with real Australian ginger, and these popular gummy bear candies are regularly on our best-seller lists.
9. Calhoun's Charcoal Grill Seasoning is made with real charcoal and adds mouthwatering char-grilled flavor to anything you cook even when you don't use a charcoal grill.
10. Outta the Park BBQ Sauce completes our list of August's best-selling sauces and seasonings. This gourmet barbecue sauce is made with mostly organic ingredients and delivers rich tomato flavor with zesty tang and a pleasantly peppery finish.
We're in the process of tabulating the category-specific top-sellers for August, and as soon as those totals are in I'll post the highlights here (and the complete lists will be available on the Carolina Sauce site).