Carolina Sauce Company online store, so I took a break this afternoon to tally the top ten best-selling products for the month of June. Below are the results:
1. Once again, Wells Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce tops our list as the best-selling product at Carolina Sauce. Wells is an authentic eastern NC barbecue sauce made with vinegar and spices, and without any tomatoes or thickeners. This is the type of thin, tangy sauce that put Carolina pulled pork BBQ on the national radar--and it's also quite good as a marinade for chicken or as a table sauce for seasoning french fries, greens, fried fish, etc.
2. Also repeating its May finish is my favorite ginger candy, Buderim Ginger Bears from Australia. Not as sweet as "kiddie" gummy bears, these Ginger Bears are made with real ginger and have a zippy, refreshing flavor.
3. Carolina Cupboard Eastern NC BBQ Sauce is another vinegar-based barbecue sauce that's quite popular and hails from the famous A Southern Season gourmet store in Chapel Hill, NC. A little bit more "mellow" than Wells Hog Heaven, you can enjoy Carolina Cupboard BBQ Sauce in the same manner.
4. A favorite of folks who miss the old Durkee's charcoal seasoning that was discontinued years ago, Calhoun's Charcoal Seasoning from Tennessee adds genuine char-grilled flavor to burgers, steaks and anything else when you don't have (or can't use) a charcoal grill.
5. Matouk's Calypso Hot Sauce from Trinidad & Tobago was our fifth best-selling sauce last month. This fiery tropical hot sauce adds rich flavor and scotch bonnet pepper heat to any dish.
6. Matouk's West Indian Hot Sauce is a little milder and fruitier than Matouk's Calypso, with papaya as its main ingredient. Don't worry, there's still plenty of scotch bonnet flavor and fire, making Matouk's West Indian an excellent hot sauce choice for fish and seafood, chicken, rice dishes and more.
7. Jim's Own Homestyle BBQ Sauce is an award-winning, tangy-sweet Lexington style barbecue sauce from the North Carolina Piedmont, which means it blends some tomato with vinegar for a lip-smackin', finger-lickin' flavor that complements everything from pork BBQ to ribs, chicken, and even shrimp.
8. JT Pappy's Gator Grenade Hot BBQ Sauce is a robust, hot & spicy mustard-tomato barbeque sauce that fiery-foods fans love on ribs, burgers, chicken, and any other grilled fare.
9. Adams Rib Rubb is a North Carolina favorite that's gaining a wider following as more folks give it a try and discover its appealing savory-sweet flavor and its tenderizing ability. Use Adams Rib Rubb on meats and game, poultry, shrimp, and full-flavored fish like salmon or tuna.
10. Completing our list of the top 10 best-selling sauces and seasonings for June is Castle Sauce from Greensboro, NC. This classic burger & steak sauce captures the flavor of a bygone era and is a favorite of young and old alike. It's also a tasty condiment for fries and onion rings.