Friday, November 2, 2007

Bigtime's Lip Smacking Grilling Sauce


I've tasted a lot of BBQ and grilling sauces in my day, so it's not often that one comes around and knocks my socks off. Well, Bigtime's Lip Smacking Grilling Sauce did just that to me. To be honest, when I first examined the sauce in the jar, I expected it to taste like your typical tomato-vinegar Piedmont NC style BBQ sauce. But when I dipped in my spoon, I couldn't help but notice that Bigtime's was not only thicker than a typical Piedmont style BBQ sauce, but it also coated the spoon nicely. A second look at the ingredient panel revealed why: in addition to tomatoes and vinegar, this sauce also includes mustard in its base, and a bit of canola oil - which not only adds more body, but prevents the sauce from burning on your food while it grills AND it helps "seal in" the natural juices in your meat or chicken. One taste and I quickly understood why this sauce is called Bigtime's *Lip Smacking* Grilling Sauce: YUMMMM!!! Made from a family recipe with all-natural ingredients from a local farmer, this grilling sauce combines a secret blend of peppers and spices in the tangy, slightly sweet tomato-vinegar-mustard base for a pleasant mild-medium heat level, which means that Bigtime's Lip Smacking Grilling Sauce is kid-friendly as well as food-friendly. In addition to grilling ribs, chicken, meat and game with Bigtime's, you can also add it to baked beans or green beans and even grilled fish. Today I snacked on baby carrots dipped in it, and even that was really tasty. You can also use it for marinating, basting, injecting, mopping, in a crock pot and in the oven. I can't wait until my husband gets home from his deer hunting trip tomorrow, since we plan on marinating and grilling some venison this weekend in Bigtime's Lip Smacking Grilling Sauce! Get yourself a jar, and let me know what you think and how you use it.

Zestfully yours,
Gloria


No comments:

Post a Comment