Carolina Sauce Company, but one of them was the debut of a savory & smoky mustard-tomato BBQ sauce made its first top 10 appearance, coming in at 8th place. Keep reading below to see which products finished on top for April 2010:
1. Our all-time best-seller, Castle Sauce, is back in first place where you can usually find it each month. This mustard-tomato burger and steak sauce from Greensboro NC has three generations of fans, and with its zippy, food-friendly flavor and rich, thick texture its popularity should come as no surprise.
2. Moving up four spots from March, Scorned Woman Hot Sauce came in second last month. Scorned Woman is a classic vinegar-based hot sauce made with a blend of fiery chili peppers and black peppers for straightforward heat that will add serious spice to your food without changing its flavor.
3. After finishing first in March, Matouk's West Indian Hot Sauce slipped down to third place for April, which is still quite impressive. Made with sweet ripe papaya and fiery scotch bonnet peppers in a thick mustard base, this medium-hot sauce from Trinidad & Tobago adds spicy tropical flavor to everything from poultry to seafood to meat.
4. Matouk's Calypso Sauce is a spicier sibling of Matouk's West Indian Sauce, with a heftier dose of scotch bonnet peppers and no fruit for hotter, more savory flavor.
5. The quintessential Jamaican jerk paste, Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, came in 5th last month. If you want to make authentic jerked meat, seafood or chicken, you can't go wrong with this fiery and aromatic wet rub from Jamaica!
6. Wells Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce is a traditional eastern NC barbecue sauce (vinegar, spices, no tomatoes) that's ideal for making Carolina pulled pork BBQ and also serves as a tangy marinade for chicken and a tart condiment for collard greens, fries and hush puppies.
7. The original Bone Suckin' Seasoning & Rub broke in to the overall top ten list for the first time in a while. This savory, subtly sweet and slightly spicy dry rub from NC is great for ribs (beef or pork), roasts and other meat cuts, as well as for poultry and veggies.
8. Another newcomer to the overall best-seller list is J.T. Pappy's Hickory Heaven BBQ Sauce, which finished 8th for April. This robust, savory and smoky barbecue sauce is all-natural and adds great flavor without spicy heat. It's also part of our Sauce for a Cause program, so you can feel good about supporting a good cause when you buy this product!
9. A favorite of folks who want real char-grilled flavor without having to use a charcoal grill, Calhoun's Charcoal Grill Seasoning from Tennessee is made with real charcoal and is wonderful on steaks, burgers, chicken, seafood, and more.
10. Rounding out our list of the top ten best-selling products for April 2010 is another member of the Matouk's family, Matouk's Hot Pepper Sauce. Made with aged pickled scotch bonnet peppers in a thick and savory (sugar-free) mustard base, this is a traditional Caribbean hot sauce that's fiery hot!
We'll soon be updating the category-specific best-seller lists on our online store and featuring highlights in each category here.