Best-Selling Products lists for the different categories of products available at the Carolina Sauce Company online store. There were some first-time top-ten finishers on several of the lists, including our list of Best-Selling Hot Sauces, so I recommend anyone looking for some tasty new products for the New Year to check out the lists. And if you're curious to know which were the overall top ten best-selling sauces and seasonings across all product categories for December 2010, here's the list:
1. NC BBQ Sauce Gift Set - Mild: For the first time ever, a gift set took top honors as our best-selling product. Our Mild NC BBQ Gift Set is usually a best-seller among our gift sets, and last month it led all other products as well. Featuring 6 different full-size bottles of authentic North Carolina barbecue sauces plus lots of recipes, this gift set is an excellent introduction to eastern and western/Piedmont NC barbeque sauce.
2. NC BBQ Sauce Gift Set - Hot: In another major surprise, our Hot NC BBQ Gift Set finished second on our list of best-selling products for December. Like the Mild gift set, the Hot gift set comes with 6 full-size bottles of genuine North Carolina barbecue sauces representing the eastern and western/Piedmont styles (plus lots of recipes), with more of a spicy kick than the Mild version.
3. Matouk's West Indian Sauce from Trinidad & Tobago was our third most popular product in December, and is regularly on this list. Made with fiery scotch bonnet peppers and sweet tropical papaya in a traditional West Indian mustard base, this thick and flavorful hot sauce is especially delicious on poultry and seafood.
4. Matouk's Calypso Hot Sauce is the more savory sibling of Matouk's West Indian sauce, and delivers rich island flavor and fire. Enjoy Matouk's Calypso Sauce on all sorts of grilled foods and any dish that could use a spicy Caribbean kick!
5. Wells Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce is a consistent best-seller, and this Eastern NC vinegar-based BBQ sauce (no tomatoes) finished 5th overall last month. Ideal for Carolina style pork barbecue, Wells Barbecue Sauce also makes an excellent tangy marinade.
6. Georgia Peach & Vidalia Onion Hot Sauce is made with sun-ripened peaches, sweet Vidalia onions and just the right amount of hot pepper to add spice without scorching. Add the flavors of summer to your food this winter when you use this popular hot sauce!
7. Our very own Hot Dill Pickle Chips cracked the top-ten list for the first time last month, finishing as our 7th best-selling product for December. Made in small batches on a family farm in the NC mountains, these crunchy & spicy pickles add a zesty kick to burgers, sandwiches, salads and more. For each jar sold, we donate $1 to Operation Sauce Drop, our nonprofit program that sends free gift boxes of sauce to deployed troops.
8. Matouk's Salsa Picante Hot Pepper Sauce is often on our list of best-selling hot sauces and finished 8th across all products last month. Made in the traditional Caribbean style with lots of scotch bonnet peppers in a thick mustard base, this fiery hot sauce is great for robust dishes, hamburgers, and even hot dogs and grilled sausage.
9. Matouk's Flambeau Sauce is the hottest of the 5 Matouk's hot sauces, and this one delivers a SERIOUSLY HOT burn. Made with aged pickled scotch bonnet peppers as the main ingredient, Matouk's Flambeau lives up to its name so use sparingly!
10. J.T. Pappy's Flamin' Gator Sauce is a medium-hot mustard-tomato barbecue sauce that's rich and tangy, and made with all-natural ingredients. Terrific on ribs, chicken, shrimp, portobellos and other veggies, this BBQ sauce is also great for marinating and dipping -- and it completes our list of the top 10 best-selling sauces and seasonings for December 2010.