Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Almost" Blue Tick Dressing

Like many folks who were fans of the original Blue Tick Dressing from Carolina Swamp Stuff, I've been seriously missing that delightfully sweet-tangy raspberry-poppyseed dressing and marinade ever since the manufacturer closed its doors a few years ago. I continue to hope that someone will bring back this Carolina original someday, which is why we're keeping a list of people who want to be notified if we're ever able to get Blue Tick Dressing again (keep reading for details on how to get on our waiting list if you're interested). In the meantime, I've been trying to whip up a reasonable imitation to satisfy my culinary cravings. Try this version, and please leave a comment to let me know what you think--and feel free to share your version of "almost" Blue Tick Dressing for other readers to try!

Ingredients
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 Tbs red wine vinegar
2 Tbs raspberry jam
1 heaping Tbs poppy seeds
1/4 tsp dry mustard

Combine all ingredients except oil in a blender and mix until combined. Slowly pour in the oil while blending, until it's fully incorporated. Use right away or refrigerate (preferably in a lidded glass jar or bottle) for up to 5 days. If not using right away, shake well before using.

Zestfully yours,
Gloria

PS: If you want to be added to our Blue Tick Dressing waiting list, please email us (sales"AT"carolinasauce"DOT"com), and we'll notify you if and when we can get this product again.


2 comments:

  1. Would you happen to have a recipe for the Milk Weed Dressing? I'd love to have that one, too. Amy Romansky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy,
      Thanks for your question. Sadly, I don't - and it's been so many years since I last tasted Milk Weed Dressing that I can't even recall the flavor. I don't know if this would work, but maybe you can try searching online for the ingredients in it, or maybe for product photos to see if you can find any photos of the label listing the ingredients in order to experiment with them in the kitchen. Good luck, and sorry I couldn't be of more help.
      Zestfully yours,
      Gloria

      Delete