Carolina Sauce Company worth perusing:
1. Matouk's West Indian Hot Sauce is one of our frequent best-selling hot sauces, blending aged scotch bonnet peppers with papaya in a thick mustard base for a festive blast of tropical flavor.
Wells Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce had been absent from our warehouse since the move over the summer. Finally arriving at the end of the month, this authentic eastern NC vinegar BBQ sauce has been flying off the shelves, earning it the second slot on our list of October's best-selling products.
3. Busha Browne's Pukka Sauce is another perennial top-selling hot sauce, finishing in first place in September but slipping down to 3rd for October. Pukka Sauce adds peppery fire and savory spice to virtually any dish except dessert.
4. Castle Sauce, an old favorite from Greensboro, NC, moved up two slots from September to finish in 4th place for October. This thick, tangy mustard-tomato condiment is terrific as a steak sauce, on burgers and sandwiches, for dipping fries and onion rings, and even with scrambled eggs, sausage & hash browns for breakfast.
5. Scorned Woman Hot Sauce is a classic vinegar-based hot sauce that's returning to our monthly list of best-sellers after a brief absence. Made with several different chiles as well as black pepper, it's a great go-to hot sauce for when you want to add heat without altering the basic flavors of a food.
Liquid Stoopid Hot Sauce broke into the top 10 best-seller list for the first time in recent history, and possible for the first time ever (I haven't had a chance to check all prior lists). This ultra-hot jalapeno hot sauce gets its extreme heat from a healthy dose of pepper extract. Use with extreme care, one drop at a time, and let the name of this sauce be a warning to the wise!
7. Matouk's Calypso Hot Sauce is back on our best-seller list and is similar to Matouk's West Indian, only hotter and without the sweet papaya. Able to stand up to robust fare like grilled or roast meat, Matouk's Calypso also works well with chicken, shrimp, rice & beans, and hearty vegetarian dishes.
8. Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning: A regular on our list of best-selling products and our top selling Jamaican jerk, this aromatic wet rub or paste is perfect for slathering on chicken, fish or meat to make genuine Jamaican cuisine at home. Fans often buy it by the case because Walkerswood has been known to have production glitches, so make sure to stock up for the holidays!
BBQr's Delight Smoking Pellets: This brand-new product is one of several nifty BBQ & grill accessories now available on our website. Made from real wood that's compressed into pellets, they're a convenient way to create instant smoke on your grill for amazing flavor without having to use a smoker. You get a one-pound bag of each of the following four flavors: Apple, Hickory, Mesquite and Jack Daniels.
10. Nando's Sundried Tomato & Basil Peri-Peri Marinade broke into our top-ten list for the first time in a long time. Made in South Africa from the native Peri-Peri or birds-eye pepper, this tangy marinade features Mediterranean ingredients for a sunny, slightly spicy flavor that enhances everything from meat and chicken to seafood and veggies.