The month of February brings two holidays that make many folks focus on festive, fabulous food: Valentine's Day and Mardi Gras. Accordingly, February's list of the top ten best-selling products at Carolina Sauce Company includes appropriately fiery and flavorful items including Cajun seasoning, a limited-edition XXXXtra Reserve hot sauce, and a romantic selection of French cheeses. Here's the complete list, along with hot links to each item so that you can get more info or place an order.
1. Jamaica Hellfire 2 in 1 Hot Sauce: A regular top-ten finisher that didn't make the cut in January, this peppery Jamaican hot sauce is back on the list with an impressive first-place showing last month.
2. Wells Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce: This authentic eastern NC barbecue sauce (vinegar & spices, no tomatoes) is thin & tangy for splashing on Carolina pulled pork or for marinating chicken--and it's now our best-selling product of all time!
3. Matouk's West Indian Hot Sauce: This rich, thick, fruity and fiery Caribbean hot sauce was January's best-selling product and dropped just 2 spots last month to finish 3rd. Papayas and scotch bonnets are harmoniously blended to add bright tropical flavor and spice to chicken, seafood, veggie and rice dishes.
4. Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning, Black Pepper Blend: Made in Louisiana, this genuine Cajun seasoning is exactly what you need for jambalaya, ettoufee, gumbo and all your favorite Cajun or creole recipes. Slap Ya Mama is also a zesty all-purpose seasoning for eggs, potatoes, vegetables, rice & beans, and other foods.
5. Georgia Peach & Vidalia Onion Hot Sauce: Rising 5 spots from January to February, this delightful hot sauce is fresh and approachable, full of friendly fruitiness with just enough spunk to spark up the flavor without burning more delicate palates.
6. Matouk's Salsa Picante Hot Pepper Sauce: Scotch bonnet peppers play a starring role in this very hot Caribbean sauce. Savory and tangy with a thick mustard-vinegar base, Matouk's Salsa Picante can stand up to the heartiest foods including grilled meats, roasts, stews and other robust dishes.
7. Matouk's Calypso Hot Sauce: A little tamer in heat than our 6th place sauce but not as mellow as Matouk's West Indian Sauce, Matouk's Calypso adds just enough cane sugar to round out the mustard-vinegar tang, for a wonderful food-friendly hot sauce that's great on chicken and seafood as well as meat and other heartier fare.
8. Bone Suckin' BBQ Sauce: This western NC barbecue sauce works just as well with pulled pork BBQ as it does with ribs or chicken, and the nicely balanced sweet & tangy tomato-vinegar base makes it a favorite of kids and grownups, too. If you're looking for an all-natural, gluten-free all-purpose BBQ, grilling sauce and marinade, Bone Suckin' Sauce is an excellent choice.
9. Melinda's XXXXtra Reserve Hot Sauce: Breaking into the top-ten best-seller list for the first time in recent history, Melinda's XXXXtra Reserve is a limited-edition super-hot hot sauce made from hand-selected choice red habanero peppers in a traditional carrot-lime-vinegar Caribbean hot sauce base, for unsurpassed flavor and intense heat.
10. French Cheese Gift Set: This impressive assortment of fine French cheeses includes a log of Chevre by Coutourier, a classic fresh goat cheese that's spreadable; a small round of creamy Camembert; Abbaye de Belloc made from sheep's milk; and a wedge of Gruyere de Comte, aged at least 6 months for a sweet and nutty flavor.