best-seller lists in either a very short or a very, very long time. As a result, there was a bit of a shakeup among the usual top-ten finishers -- and one of our monthly sauce clubs finished in the top ten for the very first time.
You can always find the current list of our best-selling products on the Carolina Sauce Company home page, but for your convenience I'm sharing July's list below along with brief descriptions of each product on the list. To find out more or to place an order, simply click on the name of the product (or its photo).
1. 4-Compartment Hot Sauce Gift Box: This sturdy white cardboard box is usually popular around gift-giving holidays like Christmas and Father's Day. So it was a huge surprise to see it finish as July's best selling product at the Carolina Sauces online store. Then again, it makes a wonderfully thoughtful and unique gift any time of the year because you select which hot sauces to put inside (virtually all 4oz and 5oz bottles fit) and you can decorate the box with your own label, stickers, paint, markers, or even have a group of people sign it with pens.
2. Jamaica Hell Fire 2 in 1 Hot Sauce: One of our most popular hot sauces of all time, this savory blend of sun-ripened Jamaican chilies and island spices is back on our best-seller list after a brief hiatus. Concocted by a doctor with a love of zesty food, it's an excellent all-purpose spicy condiment to use at the table or when cooking.
Wells Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce: This authentic vinegar barbecue sauce from eastern North Carolina is our best-selling sauce of all time across all product categories. If you want to taste what genuine eastern NC pulled pork barbecue tastes like, you need this sauce to splash on your smoked, pulled pork butt. You can also use Wells as a marinade for chicken, or splash a little bit on fried catfish, Calabash shrimp, hushpuppies, fries or collard greens.
4. Matouk's Calypso Sauce: Holding steady in 4th place for the second month in a row, this feisty blend of aged scotch bonnet peppers, mustard, cane sugar and tropical spices will have your taste buds dancing for joy. Thick and substantial, it's great on everything from grilled to roasted foods, beans & rice, burgers, sandwiches, fried seafood and more.
5. Matouk's West Indian Hot Sauce: This super-popular hot sauce from Trinidad & Tobago is similar to Matouk's Calypso, but with a slightly milder, fruitier flavor thanks to the addition of tropical papayas. Delightfully devilish, it adds zesty spice to fish and seafood, vegetarian dishes, red beans & rice, and other savory fare.
6. Busha Browne's Pukka Sauce: This colonial style hot sauce from Jamaica is one of our best-selling hot sauces of all time. But don't let its country of origin fool you -- it's not a jerk sauce. If you're ready to graduate from the boringly one-dimensional, vinegary-tart "hot" sauces found at the grocery store, Pukka Sauce is for you, with its bigger, bolder and still food-friendly flavor. It pairs well with everything from breakfast eggs to lunch sandwiches to dinnertime entrees of all sorts.
Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, Hot & Spicy: This intensely flavorful, aromatic and spicy-hot jerk wet rub or paste comes from the internationally renowned Walkerswood company, makers of a wide variety of authentic Jamaican sauces, seasonings and condiments. Use anytime you want to experience the real flavors of Jamaican cooking. Simply slather or rub on meat, chicken, seafood or veggies and marinate for several hours or overnight for meat and poultry, or for 30 to 60 minutes for seafood or vegetables. Then grill, bake, roast, slow-cook or braise, and enjoy!
8. Pickapeppa Gingery Mango Hot Sauce: Also from Jamaica but completely different from its compatriots on this list, this zippy, fruity pepper sauce is relatively mild on the heat scale but bursting with festive tropical flavor. Seductively exotic yet charmingly approachable, I'm thrilled to see this personal favorite back on our best-seller list for the first time in years (or perhaps ever, as I'm not sure it's finished this high before). Excellent on seafood, chicken, rice dishes, Caribbean or tropical cuisines and even stir-fry and Asian recipes -- try it as a dipping sauce for egg rolls or crab rangoons.
9. Georgia Peach & Vidalia Onion Hot Sauce: Made in the USA from juicy ripe Georgia peaches and mellow-sweet Vidalia onions (also from Georgia), this mildly spicy hot sauce captures the essence of a summer afternoon. Its bright, sunny flavor is fantastic on pork chops, grilled or roasted chicken, burgers, with chips or pretzels, and many other ways.
10. BBQ Sauce of the Month Club: Breaking into our top 10 list for the first time, this Barbecue Sauce of the Month Club gift is brought to us by one of our affiliate partners and is literally a gift that keeps on giving. If you need a gift for someone who loves all forms of barbecue and enjoys grilling, this memorable gift will have them thinking of (and thanking) you year-round.