Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Fresh Ginger Tea

We're experiencing a brief cold spell this week in central NC, with temperatures in the upper 30s tonight (which is COLD this time of year for this neck of the woods). So instead of my customary bowl of ice cream for dessert, tonight I'm sipping some hot mulled wine after dinner. Had I had some fresh ginger root handy, however, I would have made myself the following warming, tummy-soothing, healthy tea.

Ingredients
4 quarter-size (diameter and thickness of a quarter) slices of fresh peeled ginger root
2 cups water
Honey (optional)

Note: I make this tea in a small Corningware brand glass pot, and you can also use a ceramic tea kettle or other non-metal pot or vessel.

Simmer the ginger slices in the water for about 5 minutes. Strain and pour into two mugs or cups, and sweeten with honey if desired (about 1 tsp per cup). This recipe makes 2 servings, and is easily multiplied.

Zestfully yours,
Gloria

PS: If you enjoy the zingy bite of fresh ginger, you'll love Buderim Ginger Bears, a zippy, healthy and tasty alternative to your typical gummy candies.


No comments:

Post a Comment