best-selling BBQ rubs and seasonings at the Carolina Sauce Company has something for every taste preference, from mild to fiery and sweet to savory. The top ten for 2012 are listed below, and you can see our entire selection on our BBQ Rubs & Seasonings page.
1. Bone Suckin' Rib Rub: A North Carolina favorite, this all-purpose dry rub deftly balances sweet and savory with a touch of pepper and spice for a food-friendly flavor that's sassy, not hot, so the whole family can enjoy it. Not only is it tasty on ribs (both beef and pork) but it's also delicious on chicken, chops, roasts, pork butt, London broil, brisket, and even shrimp, fish and veggies. Some people even sprinkle it on fries and popcorn instead of salt!
Dave's Chile Today Chipotle Powder: This medium-hot, smoky seasoning is made from ground chipotles (smoked & dried jalapenos). It's essential if you want to make authentic Mexican and southwestern recipes, and adds deep, dimensional flavor to chili, burgers, meatloaf, rice & beans, stews and other hearty dishes.
3. Bad Byron's Butt Rub: This Texas-style barbecue rub is savory (not sweet) and spicy (not hot). If you enjoy smoking brisket, ribs and other meats, this is the rub for you. Sprinkle it on steaks, burgers and potato wedges before grilling for mouthwatering flavor.
4. Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning, Black Pepper Blend: If you're a fan of Cajun or Creole cooking, this all-purpose seasoning from Louisiana will not disappoint. Experience the festive flavor of New Orleans when you use Slap Ya Mama in place of salt & pepper. And if you make gumbo, jambalaya, etouffee or shrimp & grits, you'll want this seasoning handy.
Bone Suckin' HOT Seasoning Rub: With the same mouthwatering sweet-n-sassy flavor as the original Bone Suckin' Rib Rub but with additional hot peppers for a fiery kick, this spicy-hot barbecue rub will please chileheads and fans of hot & spicy foods. While it's just as versatile as the original, I like it best on red meat and other more robust foods.
6. Habanero Seasoning From Hell: As the name suggests, this seasoning blend is HOT. Dried chile peppers, including plenty of habaneros, have a starring role and are accompanied by garlic and other savory spices, but no sugar and no salt, which makes it a favorite of folks on low-carb and low-sodium diets.
7. Dave's Insanity Spice: From the same company that brought us Dave's Insanity Sauce, this seasoning is made from only two ingredients: Dried red savina habanero peppers (widely recognized as the hottest variety of habanero) and pepper extract to intensify the burn. 'Nuf said....
8. Ass Kickin' Chili Fixin's: This fiery, Southwestern style chili mix comes with two types of beans, classic chili spices, masa flour and ground habanero powder for plenty of spicy heat. All you have to do is add water (or beer) and cooked ground or cubed meat or poultry. Making hearty, flavor-packed chili has never been so easy!
9. Chile Pepper Republic Authentic Caribbean Jerk Rub: Jamaican allspice and other traditional herbs & spices are blended with dried chile peppers, garlic, salt and a pinch of sugar for authentic island flavor that will make your mouth sing. Sprinkle on chicken, fish, shrimp or any type of red meat and then refrigerate for 30 minutes (for fish & seafood) to overnight before cooking on the grill, stovetop or in the oven.
10. Simply Chili Select Chipotle Puree: A favorite of chefs and home cooks who appreciate the earthy, smoky flavor of chipotles, this all-natural puree is ideal for making mole sauce and other classic Mexican specialties. It's also excellent in chili, stews, casseroles, bean dishes, homemade barbecue sauce and other recipes.