salsa, spicy wing sauces and full-flavored mustard & other condiments you need. Regardless of whether you and your friends are cheering for different teams in the Superbowl, you'll probably all agree that our best-selling products are crowd-pleasing winners.
Without further ado, here are the ten best-selling salsas, wing sauces and condiments at the Carolina Sauce Company for all of 2012:
1. Peppers Original Blue Crab Salsa: This is one of my favorite salsas on the planet. Made with chunky tomatoes and peppers plus real Maryland blue crabmeat, it's medium-spicy, freshly flavorful like homemade salsa, and will delight anyone who loves crab.
2. Dave's Insanity Ghost Pepper Salsa: This insanely hot tomato salsa is only for hard-core chileheads and serious fiery-foods fanatics. Smooth rather than chunky, a healthy (or unhealthy, depending on your perspective) helping of bhut jolokia aka naga jolokia aka ghost peppers is blended with tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, habaneros and a dash of capsaicin extract--as if the fiery peppers didn't provide enough heat.
3. Crazy Jerry's Margarita Butt Burner Hot Salsa: As its name suggests, this hot, tropical tomato salsa was inspired by the Margarita and is spiked with a shot of tequila. Limes and pineapples provide the requisite tangy citrus notes, while green chiles, serranos, jalapenos and habaneros deliver the heat. It's like a fiesta in a jar!
4. Pickapeppa Brown Sauce: Similar to a steak sauce in appearance and flavor, this spicy brown sauce is ubiquitous in the Caribbean where it is enjoyed with red meat as well as bean dishes and chicken. Medium-hot and with a robust, rich and complex flavor with a touch of sweetness and fruit, it's superb on steaks, burgers, chops, roasts and other hearty fare.
5. Key West Key Lime Salsa: This sweet and citrusy tomato salsa gets is medium heat from jalapenos and its sunny island tang from real key lime juice. It's a natural with tortilla chips and other salty dippers, as well as on all your favorite Mexican, Tex-Mex and Southwestern foods. Try it with breaded shrimp instead of your usual cocktail sauce!
6. Bone Suckin' Sweet Hot Mustard: This North Carolina favorite is lusciously sweet with a sassy jalapeno kick. Slather it on sandwiches, hot dogs and burgers, enjoy it as a dip for pretzels or chicken fingers, use it as a glaze on ribs and ham, and blend it into your favorite prepared salads (e.g., tuna, egg, potato, macaroni, etc.).
7. Melinda's Jalapeno Ketchup: If you've been longing for a grown-up, wholesome spicy ketchup that tastes great, isn't too sweet and has a good medium-hot burn, this is the one for you. All-natural and with NO high fructose corn syrup, this mouthwatering ketchup is hot enough to please most fans of fiery foods but not so hot that you can't enjoy the flavor of your food.
DEFCON 2 Medium Wing Sauce: This award-winning Buffalo style wing sauce is probably my favorite of all the Buffalo wing sauces I've ever tried. Its classic cayenne tang will please the purist and its silky-smooth, velvety-rich mouthfeel is proof that it really is made with cream and not margarine or oil. Best of all, it won't drip off your wings (or Buffalo shrimp), so you can relish in every last bit of goodness and even lick your fingers if no one is watching.
9. Busha Browne's Planters Steak Sauce: If you're bored with everyday supermarket steak sauces and are ready to replace your tired old condiments, this spicy (but not fiery) steak sauce is for you. Mangoes and Seville oranges add a hint of tropical fruit to the traditional savory steak sauce base, and crushed red peppers provide a peppery kick to keep things interesting.
10. Melinda's Habanero Ketchup: This fiery-hot ketchup is just as flavorful and wholesome as Melinda's other ketchups, but significantly hotter thanks to the generous addition of fresh habanero peppers. Use with care or be prepared to burn (twice). But if you can handle the heat, go ahead and pour it on your burgers, scrambled eggs, French fries and anything else you'd normally eat with ketchup.