BBQ gifts were among the top-selling products last month at the Carolina Sauce Company.
June also saw the return of several popular sauces to the top ten list, some after brief absences and a couple of others after a longer hiatus.
The following were the Top 10 best-selling sauces and products for June at Carolina Sauce, along with "quick links" to each product so that you can find out more about them or buy online (they're currently all on sale):
1. Matouk's West Indian Hot Sauce: This is currently our best-selling hot sauce of all time. Made in Trinidad & Tobago with fiery aged scotch bonnet peppers in a thick and tangy mustard base, this spicy-hot West Indian sauce gets a touch of tropical sweetness from ripe papaya. Fantastic on everything from grilled chicken and meat to fried or broiled fish, rice & bean dishes, stir-fry recipes and more.
Wells Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce: This traditional vinegar barbecue sauce from eastern North Carolina is not only our best-selling barbecue sauce of all time, it's also our top-selling product across all categories. Thin and tangy with a touch of peppery spice, Wells Hog Heaven is what pulled pork purists from eastern NC prefer when they want authentic flavor. You can also use Wells as a marinade for chicken or splash a little on collards, fried catfish or French fries.
3. Scorned Woman Hot Sauce: A regular top-seller and one of the oldest hot sauce brands still on the market, Scorned Woman is a fiery-hot all-purpose vinegar hot sauce that gets its tongue-stinging heat from a special blend of chili peppers and black pepper for multiple levels of lingering fire. Savory and tangy, never sweet, it's my go-to choice for everything from breakfast eggs to lunch soups & sandwiches, pizza, fried foods, cooked greens, and dinner dishes.
4. Matouk's Calypso Sauce: A sibling of our first-place sauce, Calypso hot sauce is more savory and a tad spicier than Matouk's West Indian, making it an excellent choice for heartier fare like grilled, smoked, roasted and broiled meats, poultry and vegetables. If you like your hot sauces thick and substantial rather than vinegary or runny, and if you appreciate tropical scotch bonnet pepper fire & flavor, you'll love Matouk's Calypso!
Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, Hot & Spicy: Well-known in Jamaica and around the world for staying true to traditional Jamaican culinary traditions, Walkerswood makes a variety of jerk sauces & seasonings and this concentrated wet rub or paste seasoning is the real deal. Intensely aromatic and spicy-hot, all you need to do is slather it on raw meat, poultry or seafood and then marinate for 30 minutes (for fish seafood) to overnight (for meat & poultry) before cooking on the grill, stovetop or in the oven to experience the exotic flavors of Jamaican cooking.
6. Bone Suckin' Mustard: For the first time in a long time, North Carolina's most popular sweet & spicy mustard is back on our best-sellers list. Brought to us by the same folks who gave us Bone Suckin' Sauce, this sassy mustard doubles as a dipping sauce as well as a condiment. You can even slather it on ham before baking, or stir a little into your egg salad, potato salad, tuna or shrimp salad or creamy slaw for a zesty kick.
7. Jim's Own BBQ Sauces & Rubs: Jim's Own Bar-B-Que Sauce began with an award-winning tangy-sweet vinegar-tomato Lexington style barbecue sauce, and over the years has branched out to include a Hot version of the original, plus Smokey and Mustard BBQ sauces, several BBQ dry rubs with deliciously different herb & spice blends, and even gift baskets, t-shirts and grill aprons. As a result, Jim's Own has become one of North Carolina's most-loved brands for barbecue & grilling sauces, seasonings and gifts.
BBQ & Grilling Gift Baskets (various): Through our partner sites, we are able to offer a variety of different barbecue and grilling gift baskets, boxes and even buckets -- those last ones are our most popular because the large metal pails are great for holding hot ashes, storing BBQ tools, keeping cold beverages on ice, etc. From simple barbecue sauce samplers to deluxe pitmaster BBQ gifts complete with grill tools, barbecue books, sauces and seasonings, we have something for every taste and every budget.
9. NC Country Ham (various): Johnston County Hams in Smithfield, NC, is a family-owned and operated producer of award-winning pork products including traditionally-cured country ham, old-fashioned bacon and sausage, and heirloom mangalitsa ham. Whether you're looking for a whole, bone-in or boneless ham for a special-occasion dinner, pre-sliced country ham for biscuits and recipes, breakfast meats or the ultimate gourmet ham experience, you can get it from our partner Johnston County Hams.
Outta the Park BBQ Sauce: These all-natural, gluten-free barbecue sauces are award-winners with a sweet & sassy tomato flavor the whole family will enjoy. The Original is mild with a zippy finish, while the Hot & Spicy delivers feisty heat that will tickle your taste buds without overpowering. Made with the finest, mostly organic ingredients and NO MSG or HFCS, Outta the Park is delicious on anything you grill and also in recipes for ground meat, baked beans, and more. Made in North Carolina.