Jamaican jerk cooking and Caribbean style curry, the following list of best-selling sauces and seasonings is a great place for you to find some intriguing new sauces to try -- or just click on any product name to restock on an old favorite or two (they're all currently on sale, by the way.
1. Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, Hot & Spicy (10oz) is by far the top selling Jamaican jerk product we carry, no doubt because it's made in Jamaica using a time-tested traditional recipe and the finest local, all-natural ingredients. Slather it on meats, poultry or seafood and marinate in your fridge for a few hours or overnight (but no more than an hour for seafood), then grill, broil, bake, roast or cook on the stove to experience genuine Jamaican cooking at home.
Walkerswood Seriously Hot Jonkanoo Sauce is named after a popular street festival held in Jamaica, and its feisty, jaunty spices and peppers capture the puckish playfulness and enticing sensory experience of this Caribbean carnival. This is a classic Jamaican hot pepper sauce reminiscent of the flavorful and fiery hot sauces found on dinner tables at homes and in restaurants throughout the island.
3. Walkerswood Spicy Jamaican Jerk Marinade takes all the work out of cooking Jamaican recipes calling for jerk spicing. Simply pour this spicy, tangy and authentic jerk marinade over meat, chicken, seafood or vegetables, then marinate in your refrigerator (no more than one hour for fish or seafood, up to overnight for meats & poultry) and cook any way you like. It's a favorite of folk who like to use their smoker or BBQ grill and want to enjoy the flavors of Jamaica in a penetrating, tenderizing marinade.
4. Walkerswood Mild Jamaican Jerk Seasoning: As the name suggests, this is the milder, less peppery version of our top-selling jerk seasoning. But don't worry, the richly aromatic flavors are just as intense as with the hot & spicy version; it's simply much tamer on the heat scale. This jerk paste or wet rub is a favorite of people who appreciate Jamaican cuisine but have a low tolerance for spicy heat. It's also a great way to introduce the flavors of Jamaican jerk to kids or anyone unfamiliar with this cuisine.
Busha Browne's Authentic Jerk Seasoning: Don't be deceived by the dainty little jar -- it contains an intensely concentrated and deliciously complex authentic jerk seasoning made in Jamaica by one of the best-known brands. A little goes a very long way with this wet rub, and it will penetrate meat, poultry or seafood to infuse it with magnificent Jamaican flavor. Not quite as hot as our number 1 jerk product, it's also more savory and sugar-free, making it ideal for low-carb diets and anyone watching their sugar intake.
6. Busha Browne's Spicy Jerk Sauce is a zesty table sauce that conveniently lets you add a splash of Jamaican flavor and heat at the table or in recipes. Some people even like using it in their Bloody Marys or tomato juice! Made with raw cane sugar and tomatoes, its mellow sweetness nicely balances the savory herbs and spices as well as the peppery heat for a delightfully tasty, medium-heat sauce that will complement virtually anything except dessert.
Walkerswood Jerk BBQ Sauce is unlike any other barbecue sauce I've ever tried, with a spunky peppery heat and a cheerful touch of tropical flavor from bananas (yes, bananas are the main ingredient!). No, this Jamaican BBQ sauce doesn't taste like bananas -- the fruit adds natural sweetness and thickness of body without overwhelming the other ingredients and flavors, for an overall taste that's clearly barbecue sauce but with a pleasantly sweet and slightly exotic flavor that hints at its Jamaican roots. Slather it on during the final few minutes of grilling or smoking, and use it in meatloaf or on burgers as you would any BBQ sauce.
8. Walkerswood Zesty Caribbean One Stop Savory Sauce is a traditional Caribbean brown sauce that's quite similar to a classic American steak sauce, but with more of a peppery kick and a hint of tropical fruit flavor. Use it on everything you'd use a steak sauce on, including steaks, burgers, pork chops, brisket, roasts and other red meats.... but it's also superb with grilled or roasted chicken, as well as with shrimp, fish, vegetables, rice & beans, and in soups, stews and casseroles.
Walkerswood Las'Lick Jerk Sauce is a moderately spicy (mild-medium), savory-sweet all-purpose table sauce to enjoy on any dish that could use some Jamaican flair. Similar to our 6th place sauce, it's a little bit sweeter and finishes with the familiar warm flavors of cinnamon and nutmeg. It's a lovely, lightly exotic counterpoint to the robust flavors of grilled or smoked meats, roast chicken or turkey, hearty red beans & rice, meat patties, fried fish or shrimp, and other substantial comfort foods.
10. Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning, 9.25 lb tub: This is the "food service" size of our top-selling jerk product (the mild version is not available in this large container). But it's not just for restaurants or caterers -- it's a great way to save money when you're planning a large get-together, tailgate party, cookout or the like. And it's also an excellent choice for any family that cooks Jamaican favorites on a regular basis, because it's got such a long shelf life even after the tub is opened.