North Carolina products have always been an important part of our business and we are proud to be able to offer a diverse selection of barbecue sauces, rubs, condiments and gifts from the Old North State. The following are the best-selling North Carolina products for all of last year at the Carolina Sauce Company:
1. Wells Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce is not only our best-selling product made in NC, but it's also the best-selling barbecue sauce and top-selling product of all time across all categories at the Carolina Sauces online store. This is a thin and tangy vinegar BBQ sauce from the eastern part of NC, which means it's best enjoyed with pulled pork barbecue or as a marinade for chicken.
2. JohnBoy & Billy's Hot & Spicy Grillin' Sauce is a "hybrid" Carolina barbecue sauce in that it combines vinegar (eastern NC), tomatoes (western NC) and mustard (coastal & "down east" NC) with sugar, spices and hot peppers for a delightfully devilish and fantastically flavorful all-purpose grilling sauce for pork, beef, chicken, seafood or vegetables.
Bone Suckin' Rib Rub is made by the same folks who brought us the world-famous Bone Suckin' Sauce, and it features that familiar sweet, savory & sassy flavor profile that's bone-suckin' good. Pat it on roasts, loins, chops, butts, briskets, ribs, chicken, shrimp, and other meats, poultry or seafood, then smoke, grill, roast or bake. Or, sprinkle it on vegetables before or after cooking, or use it as a seasoning for popcorn, french fries, breakfast potatoes or other savory fare.
4. Wells All-Purpose Ribs & Chicken Sauce is the thicker, mellower, tomato-rich sibling of our best-selling NC sauce. Wells came up with this unique slathering and dipping sauce in response to requests from customers who wanted a more substantial sauce to enjoy with ribs, brisket, burgers, chicken, shrimp, and even french fries, onion rings, tater tots, fried seafood, jalapeno poppers, chicken strips and other similar finger food.
5. Bone Suckin' Sauce (original): This is North Carolina's best-known sauce, and it's sold in over 60 countries around the world. All-natural and gluten-free, it is full of tangy-sweet tomato-vinegar flavor with a touch of zippy spice. Made in the western NC aka Lexington style, it's just as good with pulled or chopped pork BBQ as it is with barbecue chicken, grilled shrimp and/or veggie kabobs, and other traditional grilled or smoked fare.
Bone Suckin' Mustard is a tangy, spicy and pleasantly sweet mustard with a perky, peppery kick. It's great for dipping, pouring, spreading, and slathering. Bone Suckin' Sweet Hot Mustard is especially nice with ham, ribs, sausages of all types including brats & kielbasa & hot dogs, and also with chips & pretzels, raw vegetables, chicken wings or strips, and anywhere or any way you'd use mustard.
7. JohnBoy & Billy's Original Grillin' Sauce: This is the original, milder version of our second-place sauce, with the same rich mustard-tomato-vinegar-spice flavor but without the heat of spicy chili peppers. Perfect for the whole family, with enough sass to satisfy bolder diners yet mellow enough for more sensitive palates. This is an excellent all-purpose barbecue & grilling sauce for marinating, basting, slathering, mopping, dipping or saucing at the table.
8. Bone Suckin' Thicker BBQ Sauce starts off with the same great-tasting recipe and wholesome, all-natural quality ingredients used in the original Bone Suckin' Sauce, but its thicker, more substantial body means that it will stick to ribs, wings, drumsticks, kabobs and other foods instead of running off like a thinner, more vinegary sauce. The thicker texture also makes it excellent as a burger condiment.
NC BBQ Sauce Gift Set, Mild: This very popular barbecue sauce gift comes with three of our most popular, mild North Carolina BBQ sauces including Wells Hog Heaven, the original Bone Suckin' Sauce, and the original JohnBoy & Billy's Grillin' Sauce (representing the distinct eastern, western and coastal Carolina barbecue sauce styles). The gift set also includes a package of meaty, high-protein Bone Suckin' Beef Jerky, made with real American beef that's seasoned with that famous Bone Suckin' flavor.
10. Jim's Own BBQ Sauces, Rubs & Gifts: Hailing from the Triangle area of NC, Jim's Own has been making award-winning barbecue sauces for over a decade, spanning traditional vinegar-tomato Lexington style sauces to tangy Mustard sauce and sweet & spicy Smokey sauce, plus a variety of zesty all-purpose seasoning rubs and a hearty, wholesome chili mix that takes the work out of making homemade chili. Jim's Own also sells gift baskets and gift sets featuring different selections of their products, as well as sturdy two-pocket grilling aprons and 100% cotton t-shirts emblazoned with Jim's Own eye-catching logo.