Carolina Sauce Company is still technically closed and I am still technically on vacation, but thanks to the marvels of modern technology (WiFi at the campground and a trusty laptop) I've been able to tally the top ten best-selling sauces, seasonings, and other zesty products for the month of June. Below are the results across all product categories, and I'll be updating the category-specific best-seller lists on the Carolina Sauce website in the next day or so. Once I'm back at the office next week, June's top 10 best-sellers will be listed on the Carolina Sauce home page, replacing May's list.
1. Castle Sauce was our overall top-selling item last month (and remains our all-time best-selling product). Made in Greensboro NC, this old-fashioned burger and steak sauce features a tasty mustard-ketchup flavor with a perky kick, making it a favorite of young and old alike.
2. Wells Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce is made in eastern NC and is true to form: Tangy vinegar base, no tomatoes and a mildly spicy finish. Ideal for NC style pulled pork BBQ, Wells Barbecue Sauce is also terrific as a marinade for chicken and other meats.
3. Matouk's West Indian Hot Sauce is made in Trinidad & Tobago and delivers true Caribbean flavor to all sorts of savory dishes. Spicy-hot scotch bonnet peppers and a bit of tropical fruit bring you a taste of island cuisine at home.
4. Matouk's Salsa Picante Hot Pepper Sauce is hotter than the West Indian recipe, made with even more fiery scotch bonnet peppers in a savory mustard base and no fruit. This thick, rich hot sauce is a favorite in Trinidad and among US chiliheads who've encountered Matouk's in the Caribbean.
5. Calhoun's Charcoal Grill Seasoning continues its reign as our 5th best-selling product for another month. This steakhouse seasoning from Tennessee is made with real charcoal and is a convenient way to add char-grilled flavor to steaks, burgers & more when you cook indoors or on a gas grill.
6. Matouk's Calypso Sauce, also from Trinidad & Tobago, starts with the same fiery scotch bonnet & mustard base as the Salsa Picante from Matouks, but then adds some cane sugar to help temper the heat. This subtly sweet Caribbean hot sauce is fabulous on grilled foods, roast chicken, and all sorts of seafood!
7. Matouk's Flambeau Sauce is definitely the hottest of the Matouk's Hot Sauces, and is about as hot as you can get without adding pepper extract. The aged pickled scotch bonnet peppers take center stage, and the thick and tangy mustard base makes this one of the best-tasting HOT hot sauces on the market.
8. Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning is the real deal when it comes to authentic Jamaican jerk wet rubs or paste. Intensely flavorful, aromatic and spicy, this is the jerk seasoning that those in the know turn to for genuine Jamaican jerk flavor.
9. Bone Suckin' Original Seasoning & Rub is made in North Carolina by the creators of Bone Suckin' Sauce. With its mouthwatering sweet-savory flavor and just a touch of feisty pepper, this dry rub is guaranteed to make bone-suckin' good ribs (beef or pork) and also tastes great on poultry and other meats.
10. El Yucateco Chipotle Hot Sauce completes our list of the top-ten best-selling sauces and products for June 2010. Made in Mexico, this robust hot sauce blends smoky chipotles with honey and spices for an amazingly good flavor that will enhance any Mexican, Southwestern or Tex-Mex dish.