Our old-fashioned pepper jellies are made by hand on a family farm in the North Carolina mountains and come in Mild Green Pepper, Mild Red Pepper, Hot Green Pepper, and Hot Red Pepper. Make sure to include a jar of your choice of flavor as one of the items in your order -- just like in a grocery store, you have to "put" the item in your "shopping cart" in order for the "cashier" to apply the Heart2011Blog coupon at checkout.
Looking for a romantic edible gift to say "I love you" to your Valentine? How about:
Jump Up & Kiss Me Hot Sauces, created by a gourmet chef using all-natural ingredients for fabulous flavor with just the right amount of spicy heat
Hot Honeys, mouthwatering honey-roasted and chipotle-seasoned peanuts in a "lipstick-kissed" container
Kiss of Fire Hot Sauce, sure to fire things up with its sizzling scotch bonnet heat
Susie's Burning Desire Hot Sauce from Antigua will ignite your senses with passionate Caribbean flavor, even if neither you nor your sweetie is named Susie!
Romantic Hot & Saucy Gift Set, featuring four of our romantically-named products for the perfect Valentine gift.
Not exactly in the mood for love? Feel like saying "good riddance" to a bad relationship? Then our "Love Stinks" Gift Set is for you, including a hot sauce called Mean Devil Woman and a bottle of Scorned Woman Fiery BBQ Sauce, among others...
Many cultures throughout history have believed that hot and spicy foods, especially chili peppers, are aphrodisiacs, probably because of the "rush" or "burn" one experiences from eating hot peppers, and possibly also due to the shape and red color of certain chilies. Scientific studies now suggest that there may be some truth to this belief because eating spicy foods stimulates the release of endorphins. Here are five other legendary aphrodisiacs that just might light your (or your loved one's) fire this Valentine's Day:
1. Raw oysters on the half-shell, especially with a dash of your favorite hot sauce -- a staff favorite here is Blues Habanero Reserve
2. Chocolate, whether eaten as dessert or enjoyed as a beverage. The Mayans spiked their hot cocoa with chilies for added effect. For a uniquely delicious blend of sweet chocolate and spicy heat, drizzle some Toad Sweat Chocolate Orange Dessert Hot Sauce over cheesecake or ice cream
3. Figs were seen as erotic treats by ancient Mediterraneans. Their seductively rich flavor shines in the enticingly exotic Olio & Spices BBQ Fig Sauce from Israel, which comes with free recipes AND is on sale!
4. Pineapple is used in homeopathy to help spark libido. Susie's Spicy Pineapple Pleasure blends sweet tropical pineapple with just the right touch of hot peppers to spark your tastebuds... and maybe more??
5. Ginger stimulates the circulatory system, which may be why some cultures believe it also stimulates passion. Find out for yourself when you splash Tortuga Mango & Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce on your favorite stir-fry dishes or other Asian fare!
Operation Sauce Drop is our non-profit program that sends free gift boxes of sauce to US military personnel stationed abroad. To date, we've shipped almost 1,050 free gift boxes to our deployed military, at absolutely NO cost to them. The troops greatly appreciate the free sauces, as you can see from their thank-you notes & photos. Unfortunately, the program is presently out of funds and as of this writing we have 3 pending gift box requests that we currently cannot fulfill. Our cost to purchase and ship each free gift box generally runs from $20 to $25, and 100% of all donations received are used SOLELY to pay for the cost of the sauces & shipping. Carolina Sauce pays for all the overhead of the program and also for a portion of the costs of each gift box. Send a soldier a taste of home by donating to Operation Sauce Drop. You can also shop to support Operation Sauce Drop, where some or all of the purchase price of the products goes straight into Operation Sauce Drop (you get the products you order, and the money you pay is used to send free sauce to the troops). Our troops will thank you for your support!
The Carolina Sauce Facebook Page is your source for Carolina Sauce news, interesting food articles, and exclusive Facebook-only coupons. For access to these special coupons and the latest zesty news, simply visit our Facebook page and click on the "Like" button to become a Fan. You can then click on the Coupons tab and access special offers. And if you're looking for new recipes, grilling tips, product reviews, and the occasional chuckle, check out this blog, where we post delicious recipes, review new products as soon as they arrive, announce any discontinued or unavailable products, warn of possible product shortages, run special sales and discounts, and provide other useful information. Subscribe to our free RSS feed and you won't miss a single zesty thing! Click on the RSS button in the left margin to subscribe to the feed.
Follow SaucyGlo on Twitter for additional exclusive coupons, the latest food news, & for sharing zesty tips!