1. It's time to play a new Crock Pot Game on the Carolina Sauce Facebook page, and
2. We're having some April Fools Day fun with this month's game.
The winner of this month's contest will receive a Free Prize Pack of Thomas sauces from North Carolina (shown below on right), including a full-size bottle of each of the following:
*Thomas Mildly Hot Sauce, an all-purpose, feisty Western NC (aka Piedmont or Lexington style), barbecue sauce and marinade with a bit of a peppery kick;
*Thomas Fish Camp Tartar Sauce, a creamy, homestyle tartar sauce with plenty of crunchy, tangy-sweet pickle relish and a touch of sass from a dash of red pepper and mustard.
Here are the RULES for our April Fool's Crock Pot Game:
Guess what our crock pot, christened Grandma Gert, is cooking. Post your guess as a COMMENT on our Facebook page (you need to "Like" the Carolina Sauce Company on Facebook if you haven't already done so) under today's Crock Pot Game post. You don't have to guess correctly to be eligible to win, but you do need to have a US shipping address. You can also post as many guesses or comments as you want, but only 1 comment per person will be counted.
The contest will run until 9 am EDT on Tuesday, April 2nd, so you have until then to post your comments. After the contest closes at 9 am on Tuesday, we will randomly draw a name from the eligible comments, and that lucky person will receive the Free Prize Pack of Thomas Sauces.
Here are your CLUES:
1. Grandma Gert is making a traditional beef stew from a Spanish-speaking island, but this stew is NOT traditionally made in a crock pot.
2. The photo below represents the literal translation into English of the name of this dish.
3. No Thomas sauces or BBQ or fish sauces are used in this recipe, so the prize pack has nothing to do with the ingredients or the recipe.
The photos below show the dish as it cooks, and served:
Now visit our Facebook page, find the April 1st Crock Pot Game photo, and post your guess as a comment there.
Any questions? Email me, or leave your question in a comment below or on our Facebook page (you can also message us on Facebook).
Good luck, have fun, and stay tuned for the answer AND the recipe tomorrow morning on this blog!