Carolina Sauce Company, we're starting 2008 off with a bang and gearing up to make this our zestiest year yet, with even more delicious and intriguing new products as well as an expansion of website features and benefits for our loyal customers. Bet let's not get too far ahead of ourselves this first full week of the New Year - there's still some unfinished business from 2007, including our best-seller lists for December and for the entire year. Here are the Top Ten Best-Selling Sauces and Products (across all categories) for the month of December:
1. Capsicana Zing Sauce, made in NC, zestfully spicy without being hot, with a slightly sweet finish that makes this one of our most "food friendly" sauces
2. Busha Browne's Pukka Sauce, this Jamaican all-purpose pepper sauce hearkens back to colonial recipes and is a regular on our top-ten lists because it's so good on everything
3. Carolina Swamp Sauce, a unique NC grilling sauce that's *not* traditional NC BBQ sauce but rather a gourmet blend of seasonings in a vinegar-tomato-worcestershire base
4. Blue Tick Dressing, a NC-made raspberry-red wine vinaigrette with poppyseeds that's not too sweet and makes a wonderful marinade as well as salad dressing
5. Matouk's Flambeau Sauce, a thick, rich West Indies hot sauce that is SERIOUSLY hot thanks to a hefty helping of fiery scotch bonnet peppers
6. Shoog's Authentic NC BBQ Sauce, a newcomer to our store, the name says it all: this is THE sauce you need for vinegar-based North Carolina pulled pork barbeque!
7. Wells Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce, a perenially popular eastern NC style vinegar-based BBQ sauce enhanced with just a touch of sugar and smoke to help round out the sharp vinegar edges, and just enough pepper to keep things interesting
8. Matouk's West Indian Hot Sauce, from Trinidad & Tobago, capturing the fierce fire of scotch bonnet peppers and taming it just a tad with the sunny tropical flavor of papaya
9. Georgia Peach & Vidalia Onion Hot Sauce, this award-winning sauce may be mild on the heat scale but it's off the charts with fabulously fruity and savory flavors
10. Matouk's Calypso Sauce, a traditional West Indies caribbean hot sauce made with aged, pickled scotch bonnet peppers in a tangy mustard base: Hot Hot Hot!
Stay tuned for our December best-seller lists in specific product categories (Hot Sauce, BBQ Sauce, Gift Sets, etc.)