best-selling sauces and zesty products for March 2009 at the Carolina Sauce Company online store:
1. Our overall best-selling product continues to be the addictively delicious Castle Sauce, an old-fashioned steak sauce and all-purpose condiment from Greensboro, NC that is wildly popular among fans of the old Boar & Castle Restaurant -- and is rapidly gaining a strong following among younger folks who never had the chance to eat at the Boar & Castle before it closed in 1979
2. In second place on our list of best sellers was Scorned Woman Hot Sauce, a traditional vinegar-based hot sauce that features red and black pepper as well as habanero and jalapeno peppers for layers of unforgiving fire
3. Dave's Ultimate Insanity Sauce, one of the hottest hot sauces we carry, finished an impressive #3 for March, showing that there are many fiery foods fanatics out there who are crazy about their ultra-hot hot sauces!
4. Carolina Swamp Sauce, a Caribbean-inspired gourmet marinade and barbecue sauce made in North Carolina, took 4th place on our list of best-selling sauces -- and we're doing our darndest to try to get more of this delicious sauce with the funny name!
5. Calhoun's Charcoal Seasoning is a great way to add real charcoal flavor to food when you can't grill outdoors or if you only have a gas grill. Don't worry, we WILL have more Calhoun's Charcoal Seasoning in stock soon...
6. Busha Browne's Pukka Sauce, another ever-popular item at the Carolina Sauce Company, finished 6th for March, delivering a powerful wallop of flavor and fire for folks who enjoy hot sauce that actually tastes good
7. Buderim Ginger Bears from Australia are "grown-up" gummies made with real ginger, and they were the seventh most popular item last month
8. Nando's Hot Peri Peri Grind is from South Africa, and is virtually impossible to find in the US nowadays. This fiery mixture of whole spices, sea salt, dried citrus and dried peri peri peppers comes with a convenient grinder built into the lid, so that you can add fresh-ground spiciness to any dish, anytime. And yes, a new shipment of this rare treat arrives TOMORROW! Make sure you order ASAP, as once again supplies will be limited and we don't know if/when our supplier will be able to get us more.
9. Wells Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce is an authentic eastern NC vinegar-based barbecue sauce, and it finished 9th on our list of best-selling sauces (which is impressive since March isn't exactly the best time of year to use the smoker or the grill!)
10. Rounding out our list of the top 10 best-selling sauces for last month is Matouk's Calypso Sauce from Trinidad & Tobago, a thick and rich, fiery hot sauce packed with tropical flavor and aged scotch bonnet peppers.