Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Spicy Hot Maple Syrup

Call me crazy, but sometimes I like to add a little bit of fire to my breakfast. If you're like me, and you love maple syrup, here's a great recipe to help you spice up your pancakes, waffles, French toast, hot cereal, etc. Just make sure you use REAL maple syrup and not "pancake syrup" that's merely maple-flavored.

Ingredients
1 cup real maple syrup (NOT maple-flavored pancake syrup)
1/3 cup butter
1/4 tsp (or to taste) red pepper flakes

Place ingredients in a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, heat to melt the butter, stirring occasionally. Once butter is melted and everything is combined, remove from heat and serve over pancakes, etc.

Zestfully yours,
Gloria

PS: If you're looking for a gourmet grilling sauce that features real maple syrup and has a good fiery kick, I highly recommend Bear-Man Sap-Happy Golden Bear Maple Sauce from upstate New York!


No comments:

Post a Comment