Carolina Sauce Company's list of 2009's Top Ten Best Selling Salsas and Relishes (after all, I've been known to enjoy a good salsa with my chili from time to time). So without further ado, here's the list:
1. For the second consecutive year, the best-selling salsa is the original Peppers Blue Crab Salsa, a medium-spicy tomato and pepper salsa made with real Maryland crabmeat. This salsa is for more than chips: Pour it over spaghetti for a fresh alternative to marinara or pasta sauce!
2. Last year we introduced our very own Hot Chow Chow Relish, and it quickly became a best-seller, finishing in second place for the year - and we donate $1 from the sale of each jar to Operation Sauce Drop for the troops!
3. Our third place finisher for 2009 was the same as from 2008, and comes straight from Chicago: Capone Family Secret Hot Giardiniera, a spicy-hot traditional Italian condiment for sandwiches and subs, antipasto trays, appetizers and more -- and it comes with a free recipe for Giardiniera pizza!
4. Another unusual and delicious crab salsa, Peppers Zesty Blue Crab Salsa, was the 4th best selling salsa last year. This version adds a hefty dose of horseradish and hot peppers to kick up the spice in the original blue crab salsa recipe.
5. Our Mild Chow Chow Relish, also introduced last year, finished in 5th place for the year - and we donate $1 from the sale of each jar to Operation Sauce Drop for the troops!
6. Pepper Dog Salsa - Medium is an all-natural, smoky Southwestern style smooth (not chunky) tomato salsa with jalapenos, and it came in 6th place on our best-selling salsa list. This salsa is ideal for cooking (Tex-Mex, chili, Mexican), as well as for enjoying with chips.
7. Repeating its 2008 finish, Scorned Woman Salsa came in 7th last year. This smooth tomato-rich medium-hot salsa is terrific with chips, on enchiladas and burritos, in tacos, with scrambled eggs, and as a spicy alternative to plain ketchup.
8. The Mild version of Capone Family Secret Giardiniera finished 8th last year (as it did in 2008), and is perfect for folks who enjoy authentic Italian flavor but prefer to avoid hot peppers. It comes with a free recipe for Giardiniera pizza!
9. In ninth place is Thomas Fish Camp Cocktail Sauce, an old-fashioned zesty cocktail sauce from North Carolina with a zippy horseradish kick.
10. Completing our list of the top ten best-selling salsas and relishes for 2009 is another North Carolina product, Thomas Fish Camp Tartar Sauce. Featuring authentic old-fashioned homemade flavor, this tartar sauce is far tastier than any grocery store brands and will complement all your seafood fare including fried shrimp, fish, deviled crabs, crabcakes, etc. Kids love it on fish sticks and even chicken nuggets!