Carolina Sauce Company. Along with several of our regular best-selling hot sauces, we're excited to see that one of the items from our brand new Meats and Cheeses selection made the cut! Without further ado, here's the list:
1. Busha Browne's Pukka Hot Pepper Sauce was our best-selling hot sauce and product last month. This classic all-purpose table sauce is made in Jamaica in the old colonial tradition and sports fiery heat along with great flavor.
2. Also from Jamaica is our second-best selling product for July, the blazing hot Jamaica Hellfire Doc's Special, a serious hot sauce made from sun-ripened tropical hot peppers and Jamaican spices.
3. Staying with the tropical theme, Matouk's Calypso Hot Sauce from Trinidad & Tobago finished in third place last month. Made with aged pickled scotch bonnet peppers in a traditional mustard base with just a hint of sweetness, this all-purpose hot sauce is spicy-hot and super-tasty.
4. We go back to Jamaica for July's 4th best-selling product, Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, an intensely aromatic and spicy jerk paste or wet rub that brings authentic Jamaican flavor to meats, chicken, seafood and even in vegetarian dishes.
5. Walkerswood Jerk Marinade delivers the same genuine jerk flavor as the Walkerswood Seasoning, but in a convenient ready-to-use liquid marinade for use on meats, poultry, fish and seafood.
6. Holding on to sixth place for the second consecutive month is Matouk's West Indian Hot Sauce. Not quite as spicy as Matouk's Calypso, Matouk's West Indian adds papaya for natural sweetness and tropical flair. Matouk's West Indian hot sauce is fabulous with fish and seafood, chicken, rice dishes, kabobs and more.
7. After a long absence, Scorned Woman Fiery BBQ Sauce made an impressive return to our list of the top-ten best-selling products, and was the best-selling barbecue sauce in July. This thick, tomato-mustard BBQ sauce is savory-sweet and slightly smoky but delivers a powerful habanero pepper wallop.
8. The original Bone Suckin' Seasoning Rub was the best-selling North Carolina product last month and 8th overall. Its savory-sweet flavor has just the right touch of sassy spice to complement pork, beef, game, chicken, and anything else you want to season for the grill or smoker.
9. Peppers Zesty Blue Crab Salsa is a spicy-hot salsa that adds real Maryland blue crab plus zingy horseradish to the traditional salsa blend of tomatoes and peppers. The result is amazingly delicious, with a feisty kick.
10. Rounding out our list of the top 10 best-selling products for July is Parmigiano-Reggiano Parmigiano Reggiano Stravecchio cheese from one of our new partners, OliveNation. This authentic, all-natural aged Parmesan cheese from Italy has been widely acclaimed for its rich flavor and appealing texture. Enjoy it on all your favorite Italian dishes, or paired with walnuts or pears, or even drizzled with balsamic vinegar or honey.
Keep an eye out for the August top-ten list in early September, as I'm expecting big changes because of all the new hot sauces being added to the Carolina Sauces online store as well as the new product offerings (e.g., food-related art, cookbooks, country ham, etc.) at the main Carolina Sauce Company site.