Carolina Sauce Company is that I get to taste all the new products being considered as possible additions to our online store. After a very satisfying dinner tonight of grilled tilapia and sweet bell peppers, seasoned with a few products currently under consideration, I started thinking about all the great sauces and seasonings we carry that are fabulous on fish, shrimp and other seafood. While some products, like Thomas Fish Camp Cocktail Sauce and Thomas Fish Camp Tartar Sauce are obviously meant for seafood just from the name, quite a few other items are superb on a variety of fish, shellfish and more. Here are some of my personal favorites:
1. Crabanero Hot Sauce: Spiced with the original Old Bay seasoning, this habanero hot sauce just begs to be sprinkled on raw or steamed oysters, boiled or fried shrimp, butter-sauteed scallops, crabs, and other delights from the sea.
2. Ruth's Mango Sauces: These fruity and spicy sauces from Jamaica are a lovely complement to light fish like catfish, sole, flounder and tilapia, and make a tempting tropical dipping sauce for fried shrimp. Whether fried, grilled, sauteed or steamed, your fish will thank you when dressed with Ruth's Mango Sauce (in spicy Original, fiery Hot, and zippy Ginger varieties).
3. Greg's Happy Sauce: Simply marinate raw salmon or shrimp for 30 minutes to 2 hrs with Greg's Happy Sauce, then grill or broil, and get ready to enjoy one of the best (and simplest) meals of your life!
4. Char-Crust Roasted Garlic Peppercorn Seasoning: Tuna, salmon and other robust fish are sensational when seasoned with this gourmet dry rub and then cooked until just done on the grill or in the oven.
5. Nando's Lemon-Herb Peri Peri Grind: This citrusy and slightly peppery spice blend from South Africa enhances mild seafood dishes without overpowering your tastebuds.
6. Pepper's Chipotle Smoked Corn Blue Crab Salsa: Dress up your fish tacos and other southwestern or Tex-Mex fare with this chunky, fiery-hot and smoky salsa that includes real Maryland Blue Crab! This salsa also makes a nice alternative to cocktail sauce. If the Chipotle is too hot for you, try the milder but flavor-packed Original Blue Crab Salsa, and if horseradish is your preference then you need the zingy Zesty Blue Crab Salsa!
7. Blair's Q Heat Wasabi Green Tea Exotic Hot Sauce: This versatile gourmet sauce pairs nicely with tuna steaks, seared Ahi tuna (hot or cold), and sushi and sashimi. You can also use it as a marinade.
8. Dave's Gourmet Soyabi Sauce: With its blend of soy sauce and wasabi in a savory and slightly sweet base, this sauce is an obvious choice for sushi as well as Asian stir-fry dishes featuring shellfish.
So what are you waiting for? No more boring fish dinners: dress things up with a zesty, spicy or fiery sauce, seasoning or condiment - give one of my favorites a try!