Best-Selling Snacks & Sweets for 2009 at the Carolina Sauce Company online store:
1. Repeating its 2008 finish as the top best-selling snack was Buderim Ginger Bears, a zippy gummy bear candy from Australia that's made with real ginger, and addictively good
2. In second place for 2009 was one of my favorite snacks, the crunchy, sweet-salty and mildly spicy Hot Honeys: Honey-Roasted Chipotle Peanuts, made in North Carolina using premium peanuts
3. The insanely hot & spicy Dave's Insanity Popcorn moved up to third place for 2009 -- be careful with this snack, because it is a LOT hotter than any grocery store popcorn!
4. Another seriously hot treat, Robert Rothschild Hot Raspberry Thunder Sauce, finished fourth on our list of best-selling sweets & snacks. Deliciously sweet but devilishly fiery, Raspberry Thunder Sauce is best enjoyed with cream cheese or as an addition to recipes
5. A favorite gift for firefighters because of the themed label and tasty spicy flavor, Firehouse Nuts are seasoned with smoked habanero powder and ended in 5th place on our list of 2009's best-selling snacks and sweets
6. The world's best apple sauce (IMHO), Mullen's Apple Sauce of Chicago (currently on sale at the Carolina Sauce Company), came in 6th last year, and it really does taste like Grandma's apple pie without the crust!
7. Last year we introduced our very own Hot Pickled Garlic, and this zesty treat from the NC mountains ended the year as our seventh best-selling snack for 2009 -- and $1 from the sale of each jar is donated to Operation Sauce Drop for troops serving overseas!
8. Mrs. Picky Fanicky's North Carolina Apple Peach Chutney, a mouthwateringly-delicious blue ribbon winner at the NC State Fair, took 8th place honors on our best-selling snacks & sweets list for 2009
9. If you love the tart savory flavors of North Carolina barbecue sauce, you'll swoon over Carolina BBQ Peanuts from The Peanut Roaster in Henderson, NC, featuring that famous vinegar tang and piquant spice found in eastern NC barbecue sauce
10. Completing our list of the top ten best-selling snacks and sweets for 2009 was our very own Carolina Sauce Co. Hot Dill Pickle Chips, the perfect burger and sandwich topping for folks who enjoy spicy foods - and we donate $1 from the sale of each jar to Operation Sauce Drop!