Best-Selling Mustards and Ketchups (or catsups, if you prefer) for 2010 at the Carolina Sauce Company online store:
1. For the second consecutive year, our best-selling mustard was Bone Suckin' Mustard, a North Carolina favorite from the same folks who make the world-famous Bone Suckin' Sauce. Bone Suckin' Mustard is sweet and spicy, can be used for dipping and as a spread, and you can use it in cooking too--in fact, it comes with free recipes when you order it from us.
2. Moving up dramatically to finish as our best-selling ketchup (and second place on this list) was the fiery-hot Melinda's Habanero Ketchup, an all-natural, HFCS-free, savory ketchup that gets its blazing-hot heat from a hefty dose of habanero peppers. Use with caution on anything you'd use ordinary ketchup on: burgers, fries, onion rings, scrambled eggs, hot dogs, etc.
3. Also jumping up several slots from 2009 to 2010 was Melinda's Jalapeno Ketchup, a zesty, savory, all-natural ketchup (no HFCS) with plenty of jalapeno tang and medium-hot burn. This is my "go-to" ketchup at home, and once you taste it you'll never go back to regular grocery store ketchup (unless, of course, you live with a hot sauce wimp who needs the mild, sweet "kid stuff")
4. Another condiment I use at home finished 4th on this list last year: Texas Pete Honey Mustard Sauce, which is made in NC despite the name. Unlike other honey mustards, this one is less sweet and has a nice tang as well as a pourable consistency, so you can enjoy it as a salad dressing, a dip for pretzels and other finger food, or a condiment for sandwiches and grilled sausages.
5. The smoky-hot, all-natural Melinda's Chipotle Ketchup finished fifth on our list of best-selling ketchups and mustards. This all-natural ketchup is a favorite of foodies and chileheads with its rich, complex flavors and NO high-fructose corn syrup.
6. Durn Good Hot & Spicy Mustard is made in NC and lives up to its laudatory name. This traditional yellow mustard is spiced with just the right amount of peppery heat for a pleasant medium kick that will wake up your hot dogs, deviled eggs, brats, sandwiches, and anything else on which you slather it.
7. Dave's Hurtin' Habanero & Honey Mustard is an award-winning mustard that blends fiery-hot habanero peppers and red chiles with sweet honey for a tantalizing taste that enhances grilled foods and dresses up sandwiches & hot dogs.
8. The sweet and mildly spicy Burning Asphalt Zesty Jalapeno Ketchup from upstate New York broke into the top ten last year with a very respectable 8th place finish.
9. Another newcomer to the annual top ten list was Ass Kickin' Mustard, a Dijon style mustard that gets its feisty kick from habanero peppers and horseradish.
10. Completing our list of the top ten best-selling mustards and ketchups for 2010 was Burning Asphalt Blazin' Habanero Ketchup, a sweet ketchup with enough habanero and jalapeno heat to satisfy serious fiery foods fanatics. The racing-themed label makes this hard-to-find spicy ketchup an ideal gift for auto racing fans who like their food HOT.