Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hot Sauce for Pizza

It's NCAA Basketball tournament time -- plus the playoff races in the NHL are coming down to the wire -- and I plan on eating plenty of pizza while watching my favorite teams in action. Here are some of the ways I like to spice up my pie (pizza, that is!)

*Not Cool Garden Fresh Habanero Pepper Sauce: Mildly spicy with just enough habanero bite, this thick, rich hot sauce has a terrific garlicky flavor that perfectly complements pizza, especially a plain cheese or veggie-topped slice

*Mile High Hot Sauce: Full of ripe red jalapeno pepper heat and flavor without the "grassiness" of green jalapenos or the harshness of typical vinegar hot sauces, this delicious hot sauce will stay on your pizza and impart the right amount of flavor and fire. I especially like this hot sauce with pepperoni pizza and other pizza with meat toppings

*Blues Habanero Reserve Hot Sauce: When I want habanero pepper heat and flavor without burning out my taste buds, I turn to this tasty and fiery hot sauce. I splash Blues Habanero Reserve Hot Sauce on any type of pizza, but especially enjoy it on really cheesy pizza as well as on white pizza

*Nando's Hot Peri Peri Grinder: OK, so this one's not a hot sauce -- but Nando's Hot Peri Peri Grinder is a flavor-packed alternative to traditional hot pepper flakes for pizza! Just make sure your pizza isn't overly salty before you grind on some of this hot peri peri pepper seasoning, because it does contain sea salt. Nando's Hot Peri Peri Grinder is also quite good on focaccia and white pizza.

And finally, if I'm making my own pizza, I often use one of the 3 flavors of Santo & Josie Sicilian Pasta Sauce instead of ordinary tomato sauce, because it's thick and full of robust homemade flavors -- no need to add any other seasonings, just the sauce and mozzarella cheese plus any toppings I might want. Santo & Josie Pasta Sauces also make ideal dipping sauces for breadsticks.

And now I'm hungry for pizza!
Zestfully yours,
Gloria


No comments:

Post a Comment