Carolina Sauce have been updated for September, and for your convenience I've listed them below. You'll see some perennial favorites on the list, as well as a first-time top-ten finisher that's been around for decades and has a growing fan base.
1. Wells Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce was our top-selling sauce last month. This is a genuine eastern NC barbecue sauce, which means plenty of tangy vinegar and NO tomatoes or thickeners.
2. Castle Sauce is back in the top ten list, where it's usually in the top three (and last month it was second). Castle Sauce is an old-fashioned steak & burger sauce the whole family will love, with a rich mustard-ketchup flavor that's also great for dipping fries and onion rings.
3. Matouk's Calypso Hot Sauce is made in Trinidad & Tobago, and is a fiery scotch bonnet pepper sauce with great tropical flavor and a thick, food-friendly texture.
4. Scott's BBQ Sauce is another eastern NC barbecue sauce that regularly finishes in the top ten. Made from a century-old recipe and featuring plenty of peppery heat, Scott's Barbecue Sauce is ideal for pulled pork BBQ and also as a spicy marinade for chicken and meat.
5. Samson's Sauce broke into the top-ten list for the first time last month, with a very impressive 5th place finish. This spunky vinegar-based pepper sauce has been around since the 1920's, is great on any savory dish, and sports an amusing "old-school" label reminiscent of patent-medicines from the early 1900s.
6. Matouk's Flambeau is a super-hot West Indian hot sauce that rates a solid 10 on a 1-10 point heat scale -- but there's no harsh capsaicin extract in this incendiary sauce, just aged scotch bonnet peppers and other devilishly delicious island ingredients.
7. Susie's Original Hot Sauce from Antigua was our seventh best-selling product in September. Prone to shortages and frequently difficult to find outside the Caribbean, Susie's Hot Sauce is a traditional Caribbean hot sauce made with tropical peppers in a savory mustard base. Get it while you can!
8. Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning is our overall best-selling jerk product, and deservedly so. It's an authentic Jamaican wet-rub or paste that's intensely aromatic and spicy-hot, and perfect for making real Jamaican jerk chicken, pork, seafood, goat and more.
9. Matouk's Hot Pepper Sauce is the savory sibling of the slightly mellower Matouk's Calypso. Not quite as hot as the Flambeau, Matouk's Hot Pepper Sauce is excellent for adding scotch bonnet heat to any dish that needs a good kick of flavor and fire.
10. Scorned Woman Hot Sauce completes our list of September's top-ten best selling products across all categories. This traditional vinegar-pepper sauce tastes much better -- and is significantly spicier -- than any grocery store hot sauce, and it's great on everything from breakfast sausage & eggs to burgers to pizza and even in Bloody Marys.
PS: Stay tuned as we work on updating our product category specific best seller lists....