Carolina Sauce Company as we closed our Durham warehouse, moved our primary operations to our partner Carolina Sauces, and expanded our offerings to include new categories of products from new partners--but one thing that's stayed the same is our overall top selling product for the third consecutive year. You'll find many other popular sauces and seasonings below in our list of the twenty best-selling products for 2011 at Carolina Sauce:
1. Wells Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce is an authentic eastern North Carolina barbecue sauce from Wells Pork & Beef in Burgaw, just outside Wilmington. This classic vinegar BBQ sauce has no tomatoes and is ideal for Carolina barbecue (pulled or chopped pork) and is also a tasty marinade for chicken.
2. Matouk's West Indian Hot Sauce is made in Trinidad & Tobago using aged pickled scotch bonnet peppers for fiery heat and papaya for tropical sweetness, all blended into a traditional Caribbean mustard base.
3. Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, perhaps Jamaica's most famous jerk product, is a thick wet rub or paste that's packed with aromatic herbs and seasonings plus scotch bonnet peppers for authentic jerk flavor, texture and heat.
Busha Browne's Pukka Sauce is also from Jamaica, but it's not a jerk. Rather, this is a colonial-style all-purpose hot sauce that delivers true scotch bonnet flavor and fire in a savory-tangy vinegar base.
5. Matouk's Calypso Hot Sauce is the more savory sibling of Matouk's West Indian Sauce, without the papaya and with a more robust mustard tang, making it an excellent choice for chicken, meat, rice & beans, and other hearty fare.
6. Buderim Ginger Bears have a dedicated, almost fanatical following among folks who love the zesty zing of real ginger and can't resist these not-too-sweet grown-up gummies. Unfortunately, they've been out of production for months now due to problems with the Australian ginger crop and manufacturer, but we hope to offer them again as soon as they're available.
7. Georgia Peach & Vidalia Onion Hot Sauce: Like Southern sunshine in a bottle, this luscious hot sauce is bright with sweet peaches & onions, and feisty with spicy peppers. But don't worry, it won't burn you out because it's all about the rich layers of flavor rather than heat.
8. Matouk's Flambeau Hot Sauce is by far the hottest of the Matouk's family of hot sauces. The main ingredient is a hefty helping of aged, pickled scotch bonnet peppers, blended into a savory mustard base. Use sparingly with grilled meats, rich stews and other robust dishes.
Scorned Woman Hot Sauce is a classic vinegar pepper sauce that's perfect for adding serious spiciness without altering the flavors of food. Makes an unforgiving Bloody Mary!
10. J.T. Pappy's Flamin' Gator BBQ Sauce is a savory, medium heat mustard-tomato barbecue sauce made form all-natural ingredients and delicious on just about anything you grill or smoke.
11. Jamaica Hell Fire 2 in 1 Hot Sauce combines tropical chile peppers with tomatoes, vinegar and Jamaican allspice for a feisty flavor that's fabulous on savory foods.
12. J.T. Pappy's Gator Grenade Hot BBQ Sauce begins with the same savory-smoky mustard-tomato base as other JT Pappy's sauces but ratchets up the heat with lots more hot peppers. Enjoy on heartier grilled foods like ribs, chops, steaks and burgers.
13. Matouk's Hot Pepper Salsa Picante Sauce is hotter than Matouk's Calypso and West Indian sauces, but not as hot as Flambeau. It's a favorite of folks who enjoy genuine tropical flavor without sweetness or fruit.
Susie's Original Hot Sauce is a hard-to-find hot sauce from Antigua that's made in the traditional Caribbean style of peppers blended with vinegar and mustard, but seasoned with a secret blend of spices that will charm your taste buds.
15. Walkerswood Jerk Marinade is perfect for marinating chicken, pork, goat and other meats as well as fish and vegetables for making genuine Jamaican jerk dishes at home.
16. Bone Suckin' Barbecue Sauce is a Western NC style (also called Piedmont or Lexington style) BBQ sauce that blends sweet tomatoes with tangy vinegar and spices for a sauce that's great on Carolina pork BBQ as well as on ribs and chicken.
17. J.T. Pappy's Mild Gator Sauce is popular with young and old alike because it delivers rich and zesty flavor without peppery heat. Enjoy on everything from meats and chicken to seafood and grilled veggies, as well as in your favorite ground meat recipes like sloppy joes or burgers, and in baked beans, too.
Dave's Ultimate Insanity Sauce is insanely hot due to the addition of capsaicin extract. Best used a single drop at a time, a little Ultimate Insanity sauce will go a long way--and the incendiary heat will last a long time!
19. Scott's Barbecue Sauce is another traditional eastern NC BBQ sauce made with vinegar and without tomatoes, but it's seasoned with plenty of hot pepper for a spicy-hot tang.
20. J.T. Pappy's Hickory Heaven BBQ Sauce is smoky, savory and full of deep flavor with mildly spicy heat, making it perfect for folks who enjoy hickory-smoked barbecued food but are cooking indoors or on a gas grill.
We'll soon be posting the category-specific best-seller lists for 2011, so stay tuned for more mouthwatering lists!