Carolina Sauce Company last month. Only one barbecue sauce made the top-ten list (our all-time best-selling BBQ sauce), as did an award-winning gourmet cured ham, and all the rest were hot sauces and fiery condiments. Below is the complete list of March's best-sellers, along with hot links to each item so that you can get more info or place an order.
1. Wells Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce:
This is a genuine eastern NC barbecue sauce made with vinegar, spices, and no
tomatoes. Best enjoyed on Carolina pulled pork BBQ
or as a tangy marinade for chicken, Well's Hog Heaven Barbecue Sauce is our all-time best-selling BBQ Sauce.
2. Matouk's Calypso Hot Sauce: This thick Caribbean hot sauce boasts the fiery heat of aged scotch bonnet peppers and a mustard-vinegar tang, pleasantly mellowed with a little cane sugar for a spicy flavor that pairs well with chicken, seafood, meat and other savory foods.
3. Jamaica Hellfire 2 in 1 Hot Sauce: This was February's top-selling product, and is a favorite of folks who enjoy peppery heat and Jamaican spices that will complement but not overpower the natural flavors of your food.
Matouk's West Indian Hot Sauce: This is the mildest of the family of Matouk's hot sauces from Trinidad & Tobago. Papayas and scotch bonnets provide bright tropical flavor and piquant heat to chicken, seafood, vegetables, beans and rice dishes.
5. Matouk's Flambeau Hot Sauce: Aptly named, this flaming-hot West Indian hot sauce is the hottest of the Matouk's family and merits a "10" on a 1 to 10 heat scale where 10 is the hottest. But there's plenty of rich, savory flavor in this serious hot sauce, and fiery-foods fanatics enjoy it as a table condiment on everything from scrambled eggs to sandwiches & burgers to hearty grilled fare.
6. Matouk's Salsa Picante Hot Pepper Sauce:
Not quite as hot as Matouk's Flambeau but definitely fiery, this savory, tangy mustard-based hot sauce gets its intense heat from a hefty amount of aged Scotch bonnet peppers. Enjoy this all-purpose Caribbean hot sauce on robust foods like grilled meats, roast chicken, hearty stews, rice & beans, etc.
Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning: This hot and spicy jerk paste (wet rub) is our best-selling Jamaican jerk product. Intensely flavorful, fiery and aromatic, simply rub a little bit of Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning on chicken or meat, marinate in your refrigerator, and then grill, roast or bake for a genuine Jamaican jerk experience. For serious fans of Jamaican cuisine, we now have the foodservice-size 9.25-lbs tubs of Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning available at retail!
8. Busha Browne's Pukka Sauce: This perennially popular all-purpose hot sauce is back on our best-seller list after a brief hiatus. Made in Jamaica but not a jerk sauce, Pukka Sauce delivers food-friendly peppery flavor and heat without charring your tongue. Splash it on any savory dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner, or use it to make your own Caribbean-inspired hot-wing sauce!
9. Georgia Peach & Vidalia Onion Hot Sauce: Gently spicy with a delightfully sweet-savory flavor, this summery hot sauce is made with juicy, ripe peaches and mellow Vidalia onions for an approachable, sunny flavor that's delicious on chicken, seafood, pork chops, grilled vegetables and even burgers and ribs.
10. Curemaster's Reserve Mangalitsa Ham Shoulder: From the award-winning Johnston County Hams in North Carolina, this rare European-style cured ham is a favorite of gourmands, foodies, and regular folks who appreciate its buttery, melt-in-your-mouth texture, deliciously bold pork flavor and complex, salty-smoky notes. Enjoy as you would a fine prosciutto or other rich, cured ham. You can find this and other marvelous North Carolina hams, plus recipes, on our Country Hams page.
PS: You can view all of our Best-Selling Products by product-category as well as the complete top-ten list for last year here.