Best Selling Jerk and Curry products for 2009 at the Carolina Sauce Company online store:
1. As usual, our best-selling Jamaican jerk is the popular Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, an intensely aromatic and peppery-hot jerk paste or "wet rub" from Jamaica that's essential for making authentic jerked chicken, pork, fish, goat and other Jamaican dishes.
2. Repeating in second place is another favorite from Jamaica, Walkerswood Spicy Jamaican Jerk Marinade, which is ideal for marinating and cooking poultry, meat or seafood.
3. Moving up 2 spots from its 2008 finish is Busha Browne's Authentic Jerk Seasoning, also from Jamaica. This intensely flavorful jerk paste is highly concentrated, and a little goes a long way to add rich flavor to meats, poultry and seafood.
4. Holding on to fourth place for the second consecutive year is Nando's Curry Coconut Cooking & Grilling Sauce from South Africa, a rich and creamy tropical curry sauce that's spiced with the South African bird's eye (peri-peri) pepper.
5. Finishing a very impressive 5th for 2009 is a new product at the Carolina Sauce Company, the exotically delicious Walkerswood Jerk BBQ Sauce, made with bananas and other tropical ingredients
6. Another new product, Tortuga Jamaican Jerk Sauce from Jamaica, debuted in 6th place last year and features savory, sweet and spicy-hot flavors in a pourable sauce for marinating and table use -- and it's currently on sale!
7. Another tasty Jamaican table sauce, Busha Browne's Spicy Jerk Sauce, was 7th on our best-seller list for 2009
8. After a brief absence while the recipe was reformulated and improved, Pickapeppa Jamaican Jerk Seasoning made an impressive return by repeating in 8th place for the second year in a row
9. Another popular product that was missing from the marketplace for some time made quite a splash when it returned to end the year in 9th place on our best-seller list: Walkerswood One-Stop Savory Sauce, an all-purpose savory-spicy table sauce with a hint of sweetness that complements all sorts of savory dishes, including cheese and eggs.
10. Completing our list of 2009's top ten best-selling jerk & curry sauces is the Mild version of Pluto's Certified Organic Jamaican Jerk Sauce, created by a Jamaican ex-pat now living in North Carolina. This fragrant and flavorful jerk sauce comes with a free recipe brochure, and it's currently on sale at the Carolina Sauce Company!