best-selling rubs and seasonings at the Carolina Sauce Company online store:
1. Holding on to the #1 spot in 2009 is 2008's top seller, Calhoun's Charcoal Seasoning from Tennessee. Made with real charcoal, this is *the* dry rub you need if you want to give that charcoal-grilled flavor to steaks, burgers and other food when cooking indoors or using a gas grill.
2. Also repeating in the same spot it had in 2008, the ever-popular Bad Byron's Butt Rub was our second best selling rub for 2009. This Texas-style BBQ rub is packed with mouthwatering savory flavor and a touch of peppery heat. Bad Byron's is superb on pork butt, of course, as well as on ribs (pork or beef), chicken, and anything else you smoke or grill.
3. Southern Twang Dry Rub from North Carolina moved up to third place on our annual list of best selling rubs. This award-winning rub features tomato with a touch of pepper and orange zest for a delightfully savory-sweet-spicy flavor that's fabulous on chicken, pork, and even seafood. Sadly, Southern Twang Dry Rub has sold out and is no longer being made.
4. Another North Carolina favorite, the original Adams Rib Rubb, took fourth place for the second year in a row. Not only is this mouthwatering rub delicious, but it helps tenderize tough cuts of meat, too -- and it's amazing on salmon!
5. Corky's Memphis BBQ Dry Rub finished 5th in 2009 (and also in 2008). From the famous Corky's BBQ joint in Tennessee, this is THE seasoning you need to make authentic Memphis dry ribs (no sauce) at home. And if you like sauce with your Memphis ribs, you need to get some Corky's BBQ Sauce, the perfect complement to their dry rub.
6. Char Crust Roasted Garlic Peppercorn is a gourmet seasoning from Al Farber's Steakhouse in Chicago, and brings genuine steakhouse flavor to your kitchen and table. Enjoy it on all sorts of meats, poultry, and even seafood and veggies.
7. From North Carolina comes the original Bone Suckin' Rib Rub, a local favorite with a growing following around the country. Made by the same folks who make the famous Bone Suckin' Sauce, this all-natural BBQ rub now has a brand new hot & spicy sibling (Bone Suckin' Hot Seasoning & Rub), in case you love the original but long for more fiery heat!
8. Nando's Lemon & Herb Peri-Peri Grind from South Africa is virtually impossible to find in the US, but we still have it in stock. Made with whole spices and dried herbs, this versatile and mildly spicy seasoning comes with a handy twist-top grinder so that you can add freshly-ground flavor to any dish (or screw off the lid and use the whole spices straight from the bottle).
9. One of my favorite dry rubs finished in 9th place last year, Pig Pen's Original Seasoning. Rub this spicy blend on all your meats and poultry before grilling, broiling or roasting. It makes the juiciest steaks, and also doubles as a savory seasoning for popcorn, french fries and vegetables.
10. Completing our list of 2009's best-selling rubs & seasonings is the Original Char Crust Seasoning from Chicago. Now you can add delicious hickory smoked flavors to steaks, meats and poultry even when cooking indoors.