best-selling NC products for all of 2009 at the Carolina Sauce Company online store:
1. For two consecutive years now, our best-selling North Carolina product is Castle Sauce, a tomato-mustard condiment and classic steak sauce based on the original favorite from the old Boar & Castle Restaurant of Greensboro NC. Castle Sauce is good on everything from steak to burgers to fries to sandwiches and lots more, and the whole family will love it.
2. Wells Hog Heaven Barbecue Sauce, an authentic eastern NC vinegar-based BBQ sauce from Burgaw (near Wilmington), came in second on our best-seller list of NC products for 2009, and is ideal for pulled pork barbeque and also as a marinade for chicken & meat.
3. Just as in 2008, Capsicana Zing Gourmet Sauce took 3rd place honors among NC products for 2009. Zing Sauce is sweet & spicy (not hot), comes in 2 convenient sizes, and it comes with free recipes, too!
4. Our very own Carolina Sauce Co. Eastern NC BBQ Sauce (mild) debuted last year AND finished 4th on our list of best-selling NC products. Made with a touch of apples and tomatoes to mellow out the traditional vinegar base, this mouthwatering BBQ sauce is the real deal and comes with a free flyer showing you how to make authentic NC pulled pork BBQ. Plus, we donate $1 to Operation Sauce Drop for every bottle sold!
5. Another newcomer, Outta the Park BBQ Sauce, came in 5th last year. This crowd-pleaser is a thick, tomato-based barbecue sauce with a pleasant tang and a zippy jalapeno kick that's not too hot for kids and complements everything from grilled chicken to ribs to burgers and more -- and it's on sale at the Carolina Sauce Company!
6. The savory and peppery-hot Scotts BBQ Sauce from Goldsboro, a classic vinegar-based barbecue sauce that's ideal for pulled pork, finished 6th last year, and was recently featured in a healthy-lifestyle cookbook because it has no added sugar and has no carbs.
7. We introduced our Carolina Sauce Co. Hot Eastern NC BBQ Sauce last year and were pleased to see it in 7th place on our list of best-selling NC products. Made with the same mellow vinegar base as the mild but spiced up with plenty of red pepper, this spicy BBQ sauce is the real deal and comes with a free flyer showing you how to make authentic NC pulled pork BBQ. Plus, we donate $1 to Operation Sauce Drop for every bottle sold!
8. Carolina Cupboard Eastern NC BBQ Sauce, another tangy and savory vinegar barbecue sauce, once again made the top 10 list, this time ending up as the 8th best-selling NC products
9. Southern Twang Dry Rub, a feisty tomato-citrus barbecue dry rub and seasoning, took 9th place honors for 2009. Sadly, this award-winning rub has since sold out and is no longer available as the manufacturer discontinued it.
10. Completing our list of 2009's best-selling North Carolina products was Carolina Treet Original Cooking BBQ Sauce, a unique barbeque sauce that's used on the stove top or in the oven, rather than for grilling or for prepared food (in other words, you need to cook with it, not splash it on pulled pork!)