best-selling hot sauces at the Carolina Sauce Company for all of 2009:
1. Busha Browne's Pukka Sauce: This is our best-selling hot sauce of all time, so it came as no surprise that Pukka Sauce was #1 last year. This versatile, fiery and flavorful savory hot sauce is made in Jamaica and inspired by old colonial recipes
2. Matouk's West Indian Hot Sauce: This mouthwatering hot sauce from Trinidad & Tobago features fiery scotch bonnet peppers mellowed with sweet tropical papaya, and is fabulous on chicken and seafood as well as meats and veggies
3. Matouk's Calypso Sauce is more savory and hotter than Matouk's West Indian sauce, with a spicy mustard and scotch bonnet pepper base and just a touch of sugar. Matouk's Calypso is thick and rich, and brings authentic island flavor to all your favorite foods
4. Georgia Peach and Vidalia Onion Hot Sauce is a "gently spicy" hot sauce that's great for folks who normally don't care for spicy foods, and the summery flavor is so tasty that chileheads also love it. Sweet and juicy ripe peaches and mellow Vidalia onions are expertly blended with just the right touch of hot peppers to yield a mildy hot and seductively delicious hot sauce.
5. If you prefer a good fiery burn, Scorned Woman Hot Sauce is for you. Coming in 5th last year on our list of best-selling hot sauces, this classic vinegar-based hot sauce features black pepper plus several different types of chile peppers for plenty of peppery heat. Aptly named after the saying that Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
6. If you prefer spicy flavor instead of fire, there's Capsicana Zing Gourmet Sauce, a spicy-sweet, mildly hot favorite from North Carolina. Zing Sauce is delicious as a table sauce and also as a cooking ingredient. You can get it in 5 oz and 10 oz bottles, and it comes with a free recipe sheet!
7. Matouk's Flambeau Sauce: About as hot as you can get without adding pepper extract or capsaicin oil, Matouk's Flambeau delivers serious incendiary heat in a traditional Caribbean mustard & scotch bonnet base. Ideal for hearty fare, it's also tasty on scrambled eggs if you have a Teflon tongue!
8. Dave's Ultimate Insanity Sauce: Dave is not kidding when he cautions you to be very careful with this sauce. Ultimate Insanity Sauce is an ultra-hot food additive that is best used in micro-droplets (off a toothpick) and added to recipes, NOT used directly on food. Yes, it is that painfully hot, and unforgiving in its lingering burn. You've been warned..... but apparently that hasn't stopped hordes of chileheads from buying tons of this hot sauce!
9. Matouk's Hot Pepper Sauce is a classic Caribbean hot sauce made with aged, pickled scotch bonnet peppers in a spicy, savory mustard base. Fabulous on grilled foods including meats, poultry, burgers, sausages, and your favorite sandwiches
10. Walkerswood Jonkanoo Pepper Sauce: Another Caribbean jewel, Jonkanoo Sauce is named after a Jamaican street festival that's colorful and lively, just like this feisty hot sauce. Use it on all sorts of savory foods for fiery tropical flavor