best-selling dry rubs and seasonings for all of last year at the Carolina Sauce Company online store:
1. Our best-selling rub for 2008 was Calhoun's Charcoal Seasoning from Tennessee. Made with real charcoal, this is the dry rub you need if you're looking to add that charcoal-grilled flavor to steaks and other meats when all you have is a gas grill, or you're stuck cooking indoors.
2. The ever-popular Bad Byron's Butt Rub from Texas finished in second place. Don't underestimate this little rub with the funny name and label - the flavor is king-sized! Use Bad Byron's on pork butt, of course, but also on ribs (pork or beef), chicken, and anything else you smoke or grill.
3. From North Carolina comes Bone Suckin' Rib Rub, a local favorite with a growing following around the country. And yes, it's made by the same folks who make the famous Bone Suckin' Sauce!
4. Another North Carolina favorite, the original Adams Rib Rubb, took fourth place on our list of best selling rubs & seasonings. Not only is this mouthwatering rub delicious, but it helps tenderize tough cuts of meat, too.
5. Corky's Memphis BBQ Dry Rub finished 5th. From the famous Corky's BBQ joint in Tennessee, this is THE seasoning you need to make authentic Memphis dry ribs (no sauce) at home.
6. One of my favorite dry rubs came in 6th: Pig Pen's Original Seasoning. Rub this on all your meats and poultry before grilling, broiling or roasting. It makes the juiciest steaks, and also makes a savory popcorn or french fry seasoning. Heck, I've even been known to sprinkle Pig Pen's Seasoning on salads and vegetables!
7. From Al Farber's Steakhouse in Chicago comes the original Char Crust Seasoning, delivering delicious hickory smoked flavors to steaks, meats and poultry. This is another winner if you want juicy steaks.
8. Southern Twang Dry Rub from North Carolina came in eighth on our list of best selling rubs. This tangy-sweet-savory gourmet rub features tomato with a touch of pepper and orange zest, and is delightful on chicken, pork, and even seafood!
9. Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q Seasoning & Dry Rub has been around for almost a century, and has won numerous awards with its sweet-salty-spicy flavor. Use it for seasoning meat and poultry, and also as a table seasoning to sprinkle on veggies, fries and more.
10. Completing our list of best-selling seasonings & dry rubs for 2008 is Adams Ultimate Rib Rubb. Made from the same spice foundation as the original Adams Rib Rubb, the Ultimate version features a spicy hot kick that's sure to please fans of spicy foods.