best-selling sauces and other products in each category for the previous year, here is our list of the top ten best selling salsa and relish for 2008 at the Carolina Sauce Company:
1. At the top of the list is the mildly spicy but full-flavored Peppers Original Blue Crab Salsa, a tomato and pepper salsa made with real Maryland crabmeat. This salsa is for more than chips: pour it over spaghetti for a fresh alternative to pasta sauce!
2. In second place is Thomas Fish Camp Cocktail Sauce, an old-fashioned zesty cocktail sauce from North Carolina with a zippy horseradish kick.
3. Our third place finisher comes straight from Chicago: Capone Family Secret Hot Giardiniera, a spicy-hot traditional Italian condiment for sandwiches and subs, antipasto trays, appetizers and more -- and it comes with a free recipe for Giardiniera pizza!
4. Mama T's Hot Pepper Relish, from the North Carolina Outer Banks, came in 4th. This devilishly delicious and savory (not sweet) pepper relish adds fiery flavor to burgers, sandwiches, omelets and lots more.
5. Another North Carolina product, Thomas Fish Camp Tartar Sauce, took 5th place. Full of old-fashioned homemade flavor, this tartar sauce is far tastier than any grocery store brands and will complement all your seafood fare including fried shrimp, fish, deviled crabs, crabcakes, etc. Kids love it on fish sticks and even chicken nuggets!
6. Another unusual and delicious crab salsa, Peppers Zesty Blue Crab Salsa, was the 6th best selling salsa last year. This version adds a hefty dose of horseradish to kick up the spice in the original blue crab salsa recipe.
7. Scorned Woman Salsa, a smooth tomato-rich medium-hot salsa, came in 7th. Enjoy it with chips, on enchiladas and burritos, in tacos, with scrambled eggs, and as a spicy alternative to plain ketchup.
8. The Mild version of Capone Family Secret Giardiniera finished 8th last year, and is perfect for folks who enjoy authentic Italian flavor but prefer to avoid hot peppers. It comes with a free recipe for Giardiniera pizza!
9. The Mild version of Pepper Dog Salsa, a smoky Southwestern style salsa made in NC, took 9th place honors last year. Full of all-natural tomato and pepper flavor, this mildly spicy salsa has just a touch of jalapeno heat. And when you buy it from the Carolina Sauce Company, the ENTIRE price is donated to Operation Sauce Drop, our nonprofit program to send free BBQ Sauce and hot sauce to deployed troops!
10. Completing our list of the top ten best-selling salsas and relishes is the Medium version of Pepper Dog Salsa, with the same great smoky flavor as the mild but enough jalapeno fire to please people who prefer salsa with a kick.