best-selling mustards for 2008 at the Carolina Sauce Company:
1. The best-selling mustard last year was one of my personal favorites, Scorned Woman Mustard, a thick, hot & spicy savory mustard with great texture and flavor
2. In second place was the spicy and sweet Bone Suckin' Mustard, made in North Carolina by the same folks who make Bone Suckin' Sauce -- and it comes with free recipes!
3. Texas Pete Honey Mustard Sauce, which is also made in NC despite the name, finished 3rd, and has a pourable consistency so you can use it as a not-too-sweet and pleasantly piquant salad dressing or dip for pretzels and veggies
4. The award-winning Dave's Hurtin' Habanero & Honey Mustard took 4th place, with fiery-hot habanero heat that's tempered by sweet honey
5. The incendiary Dave's Insanity Mustard, whose name says it all, was the fifth best-selling mustard last year, and yes, it is seriously hot!
6. Another popular NC product, Durn Good Hot & Spicy Mustard, finished in 6th place, and is a devilishly delicious alternative to plain yellow mustard -- and it comes in two convenient sizes
7. Ass Kickin' Mustard, spiked with habanero and horseradish, took 7th on our list of last year's best-selling mustards
8. The Carolina Sauce Company's Mustard Lover's Gift Set, featuring 5 of our most popular mustards at a discounted price, ended up in 8th place
9. One of our newer products, the savory and spicy Trolly Stop Hot Mustard Sauce from Wilmington, NC, finished a very respectable 9th despite having arrived in our warehouse very late in the year. Trolly Stop Hot Mustard is wonderful on hot dogs, burgers, sausages, sandwiches, wraps, and more -- and it's currently on sale at the Carolina Sauce Company online store!
10. Rounding out the list of 2008's best-selling mustards was Burning Asphalt White Wine Dijon Mustard, a mild but full-flavored gourmet mustard that's fabulous for cooking as well as for slathering and dipping.