best-selling marinades and dressings for 2008 at the Carolina Sauce Company:
1. Castle Sauce, a classic steak sauce and marinade from Greensboro NC inspired by the original Boar & Castle Sauce, not only finished first in this category, but it also was the overall best selling product across all categories for 2008!
2. Our second place finisher, Blue Tick Dressing, unfortunately is not currently available because the product line was sold and the new owner hasn't been selling this delicious berry and poppyseed vinaigrette. But we're hopeful it will return someday, so we're keeping a waiting list of folks who want to be notified if Blue Tick Dressing comes back on the market. If you wish to be added to our waiting list, simply email us at "salesATcarolinasauceDOTcom".
3. The third best-selling marinade for 2008 was our very own multiple-award-winning Greg's Happy Sauce. Made with the finest gourmet ingredients including olive oil, honey, ginger and garlic, this all-purpose marinade is fabulous in the kitchen and on the grill, on everything from meat and chicken to seafood, game and veggies. Greg's Happy Sauce comes with free recipes, and is on sale at the Carolina Sauce Company online store!
4. Nando's Lime & Cilantro Marinade is made in South Africa and masterfully combines citrusy lime with pungent cilantro and a dash of fiery peri-peri peppers for a mildly spicy, pleasantly tangy and velvety-smooth marinade for chicken and seafood. And it's currently on sale at Carolina Sauce -- and it's Kosher, too!
5. In fifth place is Big Daddy's Marinade, a bold and savory sauce that imparts rich flavor to pork, beef and game while tenderizing the toughest cuts of meat. You can also splash Big Daddy's Marinade on collards and other greens -- and it comes with free recipes, too!
6. Thomas Sauce is a peppery, tomato & vinegar based marinade that doubles as a barbecue sauce for pulled pork, and also adds tangy flavor to stews and ground beef recipes. Thomas Sauce comes in 5oz and 14oz bottles.
7. In seventh place on our list of best-selling dressings and marinades is the Asian-inspired Dave's Gourmet Soyabi Sauce. As the name implies, Soyabi blends savory soy sauce with piquant wasabi, making it a tasty dipping sauce for sushi, spring rolls, tempura and more. You can also marinade tuna steaks, salmon and other seafood in Dave's Soyabi -- and it's currently on sale at Carolina Sauce Company!
8. One of my favorite dressings, Mama T's Olive Oil Vinagrette from the North Carolina Outer Banks, came in 8th for 2008. This classic herb-infused vinaigrette is perfect for all your favorite green salads and steamed vegetables, and also doubles as a simple marinade for fish and seafood as well as chicken.
9. From the world-famous Nando's Chickenland restaurant chain comes Nando's Sundried Tomato & Basil Marinade, a Mediterranean-inspired marinade that's thick and rich, and pleasantly heated by South African peri-peri peppers. It's Kosher, and on sale at the Carolina Sauce Company!
10. Finishing off our list of 2008's best-selling marinades & dressings is another delicious dressing that sadly isn't available anymore, Wahoo Willie's Carribean Ranch Dressing from Wrightsville Beach, NC. But don't worry, we're in the process of introducing new dressings and marinades in 2009, so get ready for some new names on future best-seller lists!