Saturday, October 11, 2008

Missing Boar & Castle Sauce

If you miss your Boar & Castle Sauce, you're not alone. Here is what faithful fans of this oldtime steak sauce are saying when they write to us requesting to be added to our Boar & Castle Sauce waiting list:

“We would love to notified if Boar and Castle sauce ever returns to the market. We spent many a date at the Boar and Castle restaurant when I was at UNC and my wife to be was at WC in the late '50s and early '60s. Great, great memories and a GREAT GREAT sauce.” --B. & L.E.

“I wanted to be put on the list to be notified if they start making Boar & Castle Sauce again. I live in Wilmington, NC and they don’t have it here so I have my mom to send it to me from Greensboro now she is having a hard time finding it and now I know why. My grandson loves it and he asked for more and now I will have to tell him the bad news.” --T.P., Wilmington NC

“Please! Notify me if this awesome sauce ever becomes available again. I've been a fan since the late 60's when I went to college at UNCG, right down the street from the Boar & Castle itself. I was so distraught when the sauce became unavailable after I finished my last bottle that I washed it out and saved the bottle just for the memories!” --D.K.

“Please add me to your email list for any updates on the status of Boar and Castle sauce. We are so sad that we can't get it anymore. My parents grew up in Greensboro and they have fond memories of hanging out at the original restaurant when they were teens in the late 50's. I do remember them taking us to eat at the drive-in when I was a kid and I do remember when it was torn down. Everytime we eat the sauce, it's just like a trip back in time. Thanks for spreading the word to get the sauce back.” --L.L.

“Unfortunately, I got to your web site too late!!!!! I was a student at UNC-G in the 60's and had my share of buttered steak sandwiches and castle sauce with fries.....yum! Please let me know if it becomes available again - we bought it until several years ago when it seemed to disappear - frantic searches of all local grocery stores has yielded none!” --M.A.S., Hillsborough NC



If you'd like to be added to our Boar & Castle waiting list in order to be notified if the sauce returns, simply drop us an email at "salesATcarolinasauceDOTcom", or give us a call at 919-286-1080. Feel free to share your Boar & Castle memories when you email us, or leave it as a comment to this blog. And stay tuned to this blog, because I might have a special announcement in the VERY near future!

Zestfully yours,
Gloria
Carolina Sauce Company


No comments:

Post a Comment