Friday, October 10, 2008

Mystery Sauce: Could It Be Back???

Out of the blue, I had a very interesting phone call a few weeks ago about a sorely-missed product and the possibility of its return. Soon afterwards, I received my promised sample of sauce, to taste and evaluate. The sample bore no label and did not come with a list of ingredients -- this allowed me to taste the sauce without any preconceptions from an ingredient list. I photographed the bottle before opening it, and the photo appears on the left. I did notice that the color and consistency of the sauce in the bottle sure did look familiar, reminding me of an old favorite....

I opened the bottle, and like the "trained professional" that I am, I first sniffed it (mmmmmmm, sure does smell familiar!), and then I poured some onto a spoon (yep, that's the right consistency). Finally, the all-important taste test: A slurp from the spoon to get the "straight" flavor (yummmmmmm!), and then a bite of a burger slathered with the mystery sauce....... I closed my eyes and smiled with satisfaction, and thought, "it's been a long time, baby!" The familiar flavor brought back memories, with its mustard-tomato base and a rich, subtle tang that just begged, "pour me on a steak!"

Could it really be? Could this be the return of an old friend? Might this be what so many North Carolinians have been waiting to experience again? If you miss Boar & Castle Sauce, then stay tuned to this blog for more information in the VERY near future!!!

Zestfully yours,
Gloria

P.S.: If you're not already on our Boar & Castle waiting list and would like to be added, please email us at "salesATcarolinasauceDOTcom" or call us at 919-286-1080.


No comments:

Post a Comment