Saturday, February 19, 2011

Gloria's Favorite Nachos

Sometimes a girl's just gotta have her junk food. When I get a craving for nachos at home, I make this simple version, preferably in the oven although you can use your microwave instead. Ingredient amounts are to your taste.

Ingredients
Tortilla chips - I use regular salted chips, not flavored chips
Shredded cheddar and/or Monterrey Jack cheese
Chili powder - you can substitute your favorite BBQ rub if you prefer
Very thinly sliced onion: I cut an onion in half and then slice half-rings paper-thin (translucent) using a very sharp knife

Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Arrange tortilla chips on an oven-proof platter (I use a quiche dish). Sprinkle cheese over the chips, then sprinkle on chili powder or BBQ rub as desired. Top with sliced onions and bake at 400F degrees for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Sometimes I'll add sliced jalapenos and/or sliced black olives. I usually enjoy these nachos without salsa since I've already seasoned them with chili powder, but if I'm in the mood I'll spoon a few dollops of Pepper Dog Salsa Verde when the nachos come out of the oven.

Zestfully yours,
Gloria


No comments:

Post a Comment