Top Ten Best-Selling Steak Sauce & Pasta Sauce for 2010 at the Carolina Sauce Company online store:
1. As usual, Castle Sauce from Greensboro, NC, is our best-selling steak sauce for 2010. Generations of fans love its classic mustard-tomato flavor with just the right amount of tang that brings out the best in burgers, steaks, fries, sandwiches, onion rings and more.
2. Also repeating its 2009 finish in 2010 is Tortuga Caribbean Steak Sauce, a traditional steak sauce with a refreshing tropical twist. Its hint of island fruit and peppery spice enhances steaks, roast pork, grilled chicken, hamburgers and other robust fare.
3. Once again, our best-selling pasta sauce (and third on this list) is Mama Thomas Marinara, a light and fresh classic Italian marinara that's made with all-natural ingredients using an Old-World recipe.
4. Breaking into the top ten for the first time was Walkerswood One Stop Savory Sauce from Jamaica, a rich brown sauce made with the perfect balance of savory spices, sweet fruit and spicy hot peppers. Wonderful with grilled and roasted meats, poultry, seafood and even veggies and rice dishes.
5. Moving up a spot from 2009 to 2010 was Samson's Town & Country Sauce, a North Carolina original that's nicely spicy, pleasingly tangy and subtly sweet. Delicious with steak, chicken, pork, venison and all sorts of other food, its old-fashioned humorous label is sure to bring a chuckle.
6. Our second-best-selling pasta sauce for 2010 is Mama Thomas Pasta Sauce, a thick, rich and robust spaghetti sauce that the whole family will enjoy when served on pasta dishes and with all your favorite Italian recipes. It's also great for dipping breadsticks, mozzarella sticks and other appetizers.
7. For two years straight, our seventh best-selling steak or pasta sauce is Melinda's Habanero Steak Sauce from the makers of the world-famous Melinda's Hot Sauces. If you're looking for a traditional steak sauce that packs a fiery habanero punch, this is the hot steak sauce for you!
8. Marie Sharp's Exotic Sauce is a palate-pleasing tropical steak sauce from Belize that delivers layers of robust flavors with a zingy ginger-habanero kick.
9. One of our newest steak sauces broke into the top ten last year: Pickapeppa Brown Sauce is a traditional Jamaican table sauce that generations have enjoyed with steak, pork, chicken, lamb and even goat, Jamaican pasties. Enticingly rich and complex with just a touch of spice and sweetness, this sauce is great for folks who prefer flavor over fire.
10. Rounding out our list of the best-selling steak sauces and pasta sauces for 2010 is Susie's Tamarind Tango, a tart and tangy all-purpose table sauce from Antigua that's fabulous with steak and other meats.