best-selling marinades and dressings for 2010 at the Carolina Sauce Company:
1. For the second year in a row, Walkerswood Spicy Jamaican Jerk Marinade was our top-selling marinade. Made in Jamaica using traditional jerk spices and seasonings, this is the marinade to use for making jerked chicken, pork, lamb, and other Jamaican jerk favorites at home.
2. Also repeating its 2009 finish in 2010 was Big Daddy's Marinade, a North Carolina sauce with plenty of vinegar tang and savory spice. This barbecue marinade is excellent for pork, beef, chicken and other hearty grilling fare, and we'll send you a free recipe card when you order Big Daddy's from the Carolina Sauce Company.
3. Moving up to 3rd place after finishing 10th in 2009 was Bone Suckin' Yaki, from the makers of Bone Suckin' Sauce. Similar to teriyaki but with a tangy Carolina twist, Bone Suckin' Yaki is delicious with steak and chicken, and also enhances your favorite recipes including stews, seafood, stir-fry dishes and ground beef.
4. Thomas Marinade was our fourth best-selling marinade last year. This all-natural, old-fashioned "soak" from Greensboro, NC, pairs beautifully with beef, pork and chicken, and will tenderize venison and other tough or lean cuts.
5. Moving up in the standings for the third consecutive year was Mama T's Olive Oil Vinagrette, a classic herb-infused vinaigrette from the North Carolina Outer Banks. Enjoy this simple yet elegant dressing on all your favorite green salads and steamed vegetables, and also as a light marinade for fish, seafood and chicken.
6. Also rising on our annual list of best-selling marinades and dressings was Tortuga Mango & Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce from Barbados. This bright and zesty tropical marinade and stir-fry sauce is excellent with seafood and chicken as well as in rice and veggie dishes. I like to dress up Chinese takeout with a few splashes for added flavor.
7. Nando's Sundried Tomato & Basil Marinade is a Mediterranean-inspired sauce from the world-famous Nando's Chickenland restaurants. Rich and hearty, with a pleasantly spicy kick from South African peri-peri peppers, this marinade works wonders with chicken, meat, seafood and pasta dishes.
8. Breaking into the annual top ten list was Thomas Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, an inspired blend of traditional balsamic vinaigrette with a splash of Thomas Sauce, a Piedmont style BBQ sauce (tomato & vinegar). Delicious on salads and grilled veggies, this dressing also doubles as a marinade for chicken, pork, seafood and more.
9. The Asian-inspired Dave's Gourmet Soyabi Sauce combines savory soy sauce with zippy wasabi to create a zesty dipping sauce for sushi, spring rolls, egg rolls, tempura and more. Soyabi Sauce is also superb for marinating tuna steaks, salmon and other seafood.
10. Completing our list of the top ten best-selling dressings & marinades for 2010 was Nando's Lime & Cilantro Marinade from South Africa. This thick, rich and mildy spicy marinade boasts the refreshing flavors of lime, cilantro and just a touch spice from peri-peri peppers, making it ideal for chicken, shrimp and fish.