best-selling North Carolina products for all of 2010 at the Carolina Sauce Company online store:
1. Moving up a spot from 2009 to dethrone the two-time first place finisher is Wells Hog Heaven Barbecue Sauce, an authentic eastern NC vinegar BBQ sauce (no tomatoes) from Burgaw (near Wilmington). Wells Hog Heaven is ideal for Carolina pulled pork BBQ and also works well as a marinade for chicken and meat.
2. After two years as our best-selling NC product, Castle Sauce finished a close second in 2010. Based on the original favorite from the old Boar & Castle Restaurant of Greensboro, NC, Castle Sauce is a classic American tomato-mustard condiment that's good on everything from hamburgers to steak, fries, onion rings, sandwiches and more.
3. Moving up 3 spots to finish in third place last year was Scotts BBQ Sauce from Goldsboro, NC. This is a classic eastern NC vinegar-based barbecue sauce with a fiery peppery kick. Enjoy Scott's Barbecue Sauce on Carolina pork BBQ, splashed on fried catfish and hushpuppies, and mixed into collard greens or three-bean salad for a boost of spicy flavor.
4. Sliding from third to fourth was Capsicana Zing Gourmet Sauce, a sweet & spicy (not hot) all-purpose table sauce that's also excellent for cooking--and it comes with free recipes, too!
5. Jim's Own Homestyle Bar-B-Que Sauce was the very first product at the Carolina Sauce Company, and this mild & tangy, subtly sweet Piedmont NC barbecue sauce (vinegar & tomatoes) was our fifth best-selling North Carolina product last year. Jim's Own Homestyle sauce comes in three sizes, and you get free recipes when you order it from us!
6. For a second consecutive year, Outta the Park BBQ Sauce finished among the top ten North Carolina products. This rich, tomato-based barbecue sauce with a pleasant tang and a zippy kick is perfect for the whole family and complements everything from ribs to grilled chicken, burgers, shrimp and more--and it's on sale at the Carolina Sauce Company!
7. Adams Rib Rubb broke into the top ten last year for the first time. This savory BBQ rub not only imparts delicious flavor to ribs, roasts, chicken and even salmon, but it also helps tenderize tougher cuts of meat, including venison and other wild game.
8. Bone Suckin' Seasoning Rub is made by the same folks who make the famous Bone Suckin' Sauce. Like the sauce, Bone Suckin' Rub is sweet and savory with just the right amount of sassy spice to bring out the best in all sorts of meat, poultry and even veggies and seafood.
9. Speaking of Bone Suckin' Sauce, the original version was 9th on our list of best-selling NC products. This is a western NC style BBQ sauce with plenty of tomato to tame the vinegar tang, and you get free recipes when you order it from us.
10. Repeating its 2009 tenth place finish was Carolina Treet Original Cooking BBQ Sauce, a unique barbecue sauce for indoor use (on the stove or in the oven or crock pot), and not for grilling or table use--in other words, you need to cook with it, not splash it on pulled pork! Carolina Treet is a real treat with chicken, pork or meat.