Best Selling Jamaican Jerk and Curry products for 2010 at the Carolina Sauce Company online store:
1. Continuing its multi-year streak as our best-selling Jamaican jerk is Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, an intensely aromatic and peppery-hot jerk paste or "wet rub" from Jamaica that's the key to making authentic jerked chicken, pork, fish, goat and other Jamaican dishes at home.
2. Continuing to hold on to second place for yet another year is Walkerswood Spicy Jamaican Jerk Marinade, which is a little milder than the Walkerswood seasoning and is ideal for marinating, basting and cooking poultry, meat or seafood.
3. Moving up to third place in 2010 from 5th in 2009 is the richly flavored Walkerswood Jerk BBQ Sauce, an exotic Jamaican barbecue sauce that's made with bananas, jerk spices and other tropical ingredients.
4. Dropping down one notch on this best-seller list is Busha Browne's Authentic Jerk Seasoning, also from Jamaica. This intensely flavorful jerk paste is powerful stuff, and a little goes a long way to add authentic jerk flavor to meats, poultry and seafood.
5. Nando's Curry Coconut Cooking & Grilling Sauce from South Africa is one of my favorite products. This rich and creamy tropical curry sauce is spiced with the South African bird's eye (peri-peri) pepper and is an easy way to prepare curry dishes at home without having to buy a bunch of hard-to-find spices.
6. Busha Browne's Spicy Jerk Sauce captures the complex flavor and fiery heat of slow-cooked Jamaican jerk in a versatile table sauce so that you can splash it on any dish that needs a boost
7. Another popular Jamaican table sauce is Tortuga Jamaican Jerk Sauce, which features savory, sweet and spicy-hot flavors in a pourable sauce that also works quite nicely as a marinade.
8. Repeating its 8th place finish despite being unavailable for the latter part of the year (manufacturer problems again) is Pickapeppa Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, a rich, highly concentrated jerk paste that's bursting with exotic spices and herbs. We plan on having this popular jerk seasoning back in stock as soon as it's available again from the manufacturer.
9. Dave's Gourmet Jammin' Jerk Sauce adds a California twist to traditional jerk sauce, and the result is a food-friendly, all-purpose savory-spicy table sauce with a touch of sweetness that goes nicely with everything from pork to chicken to seafood to rice dishes.
10. Rounding out our list of 2010's top ten best-selling jerk & curry sauces is the Mild version of Pluto's Certified Organic Jamaican Jerk Sauce, the creation by a Jamaican ex-pat now living in North Carolina. This delicious jerk sauce comes with a free recipe brochure, and is a wonderful way for the whole family to enjoy the rich flavors of Jamaican jerk without the burn of hot peppers.